Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone know a Sky TV engineer in Wexford?

Options
  • 09-12-2018 11:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 32

Our Sky TV is down after the high winds the other night. 20th December is the earliest Sky can get an engineer out but they said that if I see a Sky engineer around the area that they might be able to do it and Sky pay them.

They gave me a reference number to give to the Sky engineer is I see one around.

If anyone knows a Sky TV engineer please get them to look into this thread. We’re based near Murrintown.

Thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 3,584 Mod ✭✭✭✭St Senan

Our Sky TV is down after the high winds the other night. 20th December is the earliest Sky can get an engineer out but they said that if I see a Sky engineer around the area that they might be able to do it and Sky pay them.

They gave me a reference number to give to the Sky engineer is I see one around.

If anyone knows a Sky TV engineer please get them to look into this thread. We’re based near Murrintown.

Thanks.

To be honest those lads that install SKY dont work for Sky they are contractors working for a company called Sierra communications and will already have 5-6 install jobs a day to do each day if they are to make a decent living. I doubt that they will take on a service call by been stopped on the street as its not on their list of day jobs and they would be under a lot of pressure to get their daily jobs done before it gets dark each day. you could ask Joyces or DID in Wexford Town and ask them can they recommend a Independent Installer/Rigger that might look at your sky system but like my self most of the installers/ riggers i know wont touch anything to do with sky anymore and again lots of us will be under pressure to get jobs done before xmas eve. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭Big Vern

Thanks.

I know a guy who fixes TVs/Satellites etc but hes very hard to get.
    Send me a PM and ill send you on his number, he may be able to help.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭Marhay70

If it has just been blown out of alignment which is the most likely case, then realigning it is not too difficult, access to the dish is the main stumbling block..
    It'll require a small outlay but you'll always have it then.
    If you feel up to it you can see all the steps here.

https://www.freetv.ie/free-to-air-freesat-installation-guide/

Advertisement