Advertisement
Boards Golf Society are looking for new members for 2022...read about the society and their planned outings here!
How to add spoiler tags, edit posts, add images etc. How to - a user's guide to the new version of Boards

Insignia losing power when accelerating

Registered Users Posts: 28 jimbojonez

Hey guys, I've 2010 Opel insignia ecoflex 2.0 diesel. While on the motorway the other day the car lost complete acceleration power, I had to roll in to the hard shoulder. I turned it off for a minute and then started it again and it was fine. This same problem happened again the following day. Has anyone else had this problem, any idea what it is and cost to fix same.. any help greatly appreciated...thanks in advance

Comments

• Any warning lights on the dash when it happened?

• Any warning lights on the dash when it happened?

Yeah service car soon appears, just had is service in November... Wat ya think ..

• You need to have car's computer scanned for any error codes.

Maybe it's this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FXWemvfF4c

• biko wrote: »
    You need to have car's computer scanned for any error codes.

Maybe it's this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FXWemvfF4c

Yeah that sounds about right, I'll get a diagnostic this week to be sure, thanks lads

• Blocked DPF filter. Turns the acceleration power almost off. Restart kinda like a reboot to the unit but if you don't deal with it it's going to happen again. Good spin out the motorway at high revs should clear it. Get the diagnostic done also in case it's some other issue.

• Advertisement

• Service vehicle soon is an engine light on them.
    Change oil soon will come up on dash when it's due a service.
    You may get the engine module faults read. It could be anything under the bonnet. Post the faults up here and we help further.

• Service vehicle soon is an engine light on them.
    Change oil soon will come up on dash when it's due a service.
    You may get the engine module faults read. It could be anything under the bonnet. Post the faults up here and we help further.

Just got diagnostic done and this is what they came back to me with:
    P03a3 cylinder combustion fault on all 4
    P1325 crankshaft mark signal
    P0674 glow plugs on cylinder 4
    B0233 servomotor, air distribution malfunction (heater)
    C0040 abs wheel speed sensor frint right fault

So a fair bit in that, mechanic thought it might be a tear in intercoolant pipe common problem with insignia but gave it a quick look and ruled that out, he then jus told be to book it in and he'll give it a proper once over...thing is it hasn't reoccurred so might wait till it happens again or at least till after Xmas.. what ye think

• Replace glow plug 4 and see how it goes. The other fault codes generally won’t show any symptoms on them.

• jimbojonez wrote: »
    Just got diagnostic done and this is what they came back to me with:
    P03a3 cylinder combustion fault on all 4
    P1325 crankshaft mark signal
    P0674 glow plugs on cylinder 4
    B0233 servomotor, air distribution malfunction (heater)
    C0040 abs wheel speed sensor frint right fault

So a fair bit in that, mechanic thought it might be a tear in intercoolant pipe common problem with insignia but gave it a quick look and ruled that out, he then jus told be to book it in and he'll give it a proper once over...thing is it hasn't reoccurred so might wait till it happens again or at least till after Xmas.. what ye think

Nothing there that would affect acceleration. Fault for glowplug on cylinder 4 will bring on service vehicle soon. Cylinder combustion faults are more than likely down to your pressure sensing glowplugs. They carbon up but doesn't mean you have to replace them apart from number 4. Crankshaft signal fault is probably due to a worn flywheel. I know the pipe your mechanic is on about. Sometimes hard to see the split. But it would bring up a maf and boost fault. What's the condition of your fuel filter and when was it changed last?

• Yeah gonna replace glowplug 4 and see if that changes anything. Fuel filter should be fine fullyserviced last November, it still hasn't reoccurred but I know it's only a matter of time. Thanks for all yer help, appreciate it, if I get it sorted or figure it out I'll let ye know, might help someone else down the line.....

• Advertisement

• Did you get to the bottom of this after. Same thing has happened with my insignia.

• frank93 wrote: »
    Did you get to the bottom of this after. Same thing has happened with my insignia.
    Hey Frank, no didn't get it sorted, new glow plug, new EGR and alot of head scratching from my mechanic forced me to sell it. The glow plug for these models are 140 each and I wasn't throwing good money after bad. Best of luck with yours, sorry I'm no help to ya.

• Thanks for the update Jim. Just out of curiosity did it lose power with you much?

Advertisement