Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Match Thread: Scarlets v Ulster, Heineken Cup Match Thread, 7:45 BT Sport 3

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Buer wrote: »
    Addison is the signing of the season by any province.

It looks like Ulster signed the better Sale Shark! Haley has been solid but he's not at Addison's level.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

LOL I haven't seen a slapback to stop a try in ages. Great stuff from Cooney.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,906 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

Davies is so good

• Registered Users Posts: 24,174 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Treadwell looking more like the guy who featured during the 2016/17 season. Really having a tidy game.

Jesus Christ. Scarlets are absolute butchers. Utterly incompetent. Where is the team of the past 2 years?

• Administrators Posts: 53,332 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Offload that started that break was clearly forward

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

The throwing from Best is poor all game, or is it the lineout malfunction?

Was about to say Scarlets absolutely butchered an overlap then realised it was a prop and a hooker out on the wing!

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭Subpopulus

Addison is the signing of the season by any province.

And Cooney the signing of the season before that. Few canny hires by Ulster.

It looks like Ulster signed the better Sale Shark! Haley has been solid but he's not at Addison's level.

Not even a discussion. Addison had a bad time with injury on and off over a few seasons otherwise I don't think he'd be in Belfast and would have a few England caps.

Haley is a decent signing who gives it his all, similar to Ludik but he doesn't have the class of Addison.

Subpopulus wrote: »
    I've re-watched Addison's try about 4 times now and I still cant figure out how Scarlets failed to tackle him.

Two forwards left him to one another. Poor defending, great line.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Utah_Saint

awec wrote: »
    Offload that started that break was clearly forward

I've seen at least 3 offloads go forward tonight. Ref not picking them up as the ball isn't traveling far

Subpopulus wrote: »
    And Cooney the signing of the season before that. Few canny hires by Ulster.

I wouldn't have Cooney in the same bracket at all, to be honest. Ulster needed a solid scrum half and he is that. Addison looks a test level player straight off the shelf.

Rory Best you beautiful man.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 224 ✭✭Stout Warrior

Disappointed not to see Lowry or Lyttle near the squad today. Both promising players

• Registered Users Posts: 22,229 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

Epic defence there. I really hope they can hold it together and even pick up the winning tbp

The Scarlets didn't even try to put a fraction of pressure on Cooney for his box kick there. They've checked out. They don't want to be out there.

Ulster need to pin them back and they'll get the 4th try. Don't try and play stupid rugby.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Utah_Saint

Disappointed not to see Lowry or Lyttle near the squad today. Both promising players
    Is lyttle fit? He's made of tracing paper..

Addison really is immense. Wonderful defence.

Utah_Saint wrote: »
    Is lyttle fit? He's made of tracing paper..

Not sure. He's electric fast

Feck it. Nice try that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

C'mon Ulster, don't blow this

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭Subpopulus

I wouldn't have Cooney in the same bracket at all, to be honest. Ulster needed a solid scrum half and he is that. Addison looks a test level player straight off the shelf.

I was more making the point that Cooney was a very good signing for Ulster, considering the difficulty of replacing a highly experience club stalwart like Pienaar.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,210 ✭✭✭ClanofLams

McNicholl is a quality player, welsh eligible end of next season I think? Be a good addition for them

Cooney kicking it too much. Not a good idea

I think there’s a knock on.

This is the worst best game I've seen in ages!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,229 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

Lovely try assuming the TMO doesn't find some microscopic infringement to call it back

Brilliant.

Top class clear out from Moore two phases before to save the turnover. Cooney was lucky. That no look spin pass was suicidal.

Also fortunate the TMO couldn't look at Timoney in touch potentially.

Excellent.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Try given. Excellent

Advertisement