Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Amsterdam Mararthon 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,834 ✭✭✭OOnegative

Sorry to hear about the drop outs.

Anyone left doing it?!

Did the half last week in 1.37 so hoping my sub 3.30 target is realistic once the next few weeks go to plan and I dont succumb to the sickness in my house at the moment.

How is everyone else's prep going?

Doing the half, training going well, not sure what time i’ll be targeting but hope to run a PB of some kind. Traveling up & down from The Hague that day.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭spc78

Sorry to hear about the drop outs.

Anyone left doing it?!

Did the half last week in 1.37 so hoping my sub 3.30 target is realistic once the next few weeks go to plan and I dont succumb to the sickness in my house at the moment.

I'm still in - 2 week taper so long this weekend and one more the following week and the hard training is done. Really looking forward to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 sca21

I'm still in also and looking forward to taper. Training has gone well so far... got a 1.36 half in Charleville and a decent 3/4 marathon. Speed work has suffered because the legs have been heavy so that's my only concern. I'm hoping to go for a sub 3.30 and take 4 minutes of my PB. Berlin was my first choice but I'm glad I went for Ansterdam as Plan B. Not long now I hope everyone stays fit, healthy and injury free over the next 3 weeks or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,395 ✭✭✭The Davestator

sca21 wrote: »
    I'm still in also and looking forward to taper. Training has gone well so far... got a 1.36 half in Charleville and a decent 3/4 marathon. Speed work has suffered because the legs have been heavy so that's my only concern. I'm hoping to go for a sub 3.30 and take 4 minutes of my PB. Berlin was my first choice but I'm glad I went for Ansterdam as Plan B. Not long now I hope everyone stays fit, healthy and injury free over the next 3 weeks or so.

Very similar to you. Did 3.32 in Edinburgh last year so hoping to go 2 mins faster. Have done more miles and more speed work so hopefully it will pay off. Going to stick with the pacers hopefully

Very similar to you. Did 3.32 in Edinburgh last year so hoping to go 2 mins faster. Have done more miles and more speed work so hopefully it will pay off. Going to stick with the pacers hopefully

Pacers on the continent tend to be very erratic just to let you know, some have been known to run ridiculous splits while pacing. Unfortunately all pacers aren’t as good as the ones at DCM.

• Advertisement

OOnegative wrote: »
    Pacers on the continent tend to be very erratic just to let you know, some have been known to run ridiculous splits while pacing. Unfortunately all pacers aren’t as good as the ones at DCM.

Hadn't heard that so thanks. I'll have my little virtual pacer set as a back up.

I'm sure everyone knows, but I always set my watch to a pace for 26.5 miles as I missed a time once by having the pacer set to 26.2 miles.

I'm hoping to run the first half in 1.43.30 so that would put me slightly ahead of the 3.30 Pacers. From past experiences only, pace grouping can be quite congested.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭sideshowbob321

I'm still in too and looking forward to the last big one this weekend ! Similar to you too I did 1.38 at the Half so aim is a sub 3.30.....
    Last year I did 1.37 Half and 3.28 in DCM so hopefully a similar time is do-able in the Dam :)

Race Day Magazine emailed out today.
    Lots of expo, travel and race info included
    no sign of the App for this years race going up yet.

Lots of gels, drinks, bars & bananas on route at every 5K - wouldn't get that in Dublin ! :D

Isotar Gels - anyone tried them ? Are they okay or as sickly as the rest ??

Lots of gels, drinks, bars & bananas on route at every 5K - wouldn't get that in Dublin ! :D

Isotar Gels - anyone tried them ? Are they okay or as sickly as the rest ??

Have tried them and never had issues with them*, usual gel type goo.

*Disclaimer- I have a stomach like a rubbish tip!!

• Advertisement

Temperatures are slowly dropping here in Holland also but humidity is still very high, 90% plus most mornings. Hopefully it will drop off in next few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭bellinter

I never got this... did everyone else?

bellinter wrote: »

Yeah got one to, maybe drop them an email?

bellinter wrote: »

I got it but it was in the promotion section (of gmail)

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭bellinter

Thanks! Panic over it was in the promotion section too

Got mine today also. It was in the promotion section also. I'm in the pink starting area which is 3 hours to 3.30. I didn't know what I put down as I entered a year ago!

Got mine today also. It was in the promotion section also. I'm in the pink starting area which is 3 hours to 3.30. I didn't know what I put down as I entered a year ago!

In Pink too - probably a few on this thread in there by the looks of it.

Fingers crossed the weather plays ball

Fingers crossed the weather plays ball

10 Day forecasts in range now....can start obsessively checking every day now. Does look like temp <14 which would be great

spc78 wrote: »
    10 Day forecasts in range now....can start obsessively checking every day now. Does look like temp <14 which would be great

Looks windy though. Too soon to be sure, but we'll obsess anyway!

Looks windy though. Too soon to be sure, but we'll obsess anyway!

Is Amsterdam a marathon sheltered cpurse or are the bits along the river quite exposed?

• Advertisement

Is Amsterdam a marathon sheltered cpurse or are the bits along the river quite exposed?

I dont know but I assume that the part along the river will be windy. But, it will only be windy one way, so hopefully from 14 to 20 and not 20 to 26!

https://www.tcsamsterdammarathon.nl/files/2019/08/Parcourskaart-TCS-Amsterdam-Marathon-42-km-1.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 2,849 ✭✭✭Van.Bosch

The roof ends after about 18 miles.

Seriously - did it last year and it is quite open along the canal/river section which is about 7 miles I think (out and back).

Thing to keep an eye most is the humidity, being an Irishman living here it’s the thing that hits me most regardless of sun, wind or rain. Fingers crossed for anything below 80% come race day.

Official race app is available for download includes tracker etc.

Ok Colours to the mast time....
    Final head count and target times please :)
    I'll go first

Sideshowbob
    PB - 3.28.00
    Target - 3.25.00
    Actual - ?.??.??

Sideshowbob
    PB - 3.28.00
    Target - 3.25.00
    Actual - ?.??.??

OOnegative(HM)
    PB - 1.26.11
    Target - New PB
    Actual - ?????

• Registered Users Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭skyblue46

Sideshowbob
    PB - 3.28.00
    Target - 3.25.00
    Actual - ?.??.??

OOnegative(HM)
    PB - 1.26.11
    Target - New PB
    Actual - ????

Skyblue46(HM)
    PB - 1.33.20
    Target - 1.45.00 (3 month injury, still only jogging)
    Actual - ???

Anyone getting the Aer Lingus red eye on Saturday morning?

Sideshowbob
    PB - 3.28.00
    Target - 3.25.00
    Actual - ?.??.??

OOnegative(HM)
    PB - 1.26.11
    Target - New PB
    Actual - ????

Skyblue46(HM)
    PB - 1.33.20
    Actual - ???

Sca21
    PB - 3.34.43
    Target - 3.28.58
    Actual- ????

Flying ryanair sat morning 11ish. Not quite red eye thankfully.

Sideshowbob
    PB - 3.28.00
    Target - 3.25.00
    Actual - ?.??.??

OOnegative(HM)
    PB - 1.26.11
    Target - New PB
    Actual - ????

Skyblue46(HM)
    PB - 1.33.20
    Actual - ???

Sca21
    PB - 3.34.43
    Target - 3.28.58
    Actual- ????

Flying ryanair sat morning 11ish. Not quite red eye thankfully.

The Davestator
    PB: 3.32.05
    Target: 3.29.59
    Actual:

Anyone able to do a table?!

• Advertisement

Sideshowbob
    PB - 3.28.39
    Target - 3.25.59
    Actual - ?.??.??

OOnegative(HM)
    PB - 1.26.11
    Target - New PB
    Actual - ????

Skyblue46(HM)
    PB - 1.33.20
    Actual - ???

Sca21
    PB - 3.34.43
    Target - 3.28.58
    Actual- ????

The Davestator
    PB: 3.32.05
    Target: 3.29.59
    Actual:

Advertisement