Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Ticketmaster selling tickets

Options
  • 06-12-2018 2:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,616 ✭✭✭✭

Why are Ticketmaster selling so many tickets tomorrow (Friday) at 9am?
    Hugh Jackman, Paul Weller, New Order are 3 that I can see, could be more.
    Longitude then at 10am
    Could they not stagger the on sale times instead of having them all starting
    at the same time?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,539 ✭✭✭Zardoz

okidoki987 wrote: »
    Why are Ticketmaster selling so many tickets tomorrow (Friday) at 9am?
    Hugh Jackman, Longitude, Paul Weller, New Order are 4 that I can see, could be more.
    Could they not stagger the on sale times instead of having them all starting
    at the same time?
    I guess its a legacy issue so that people can queue up in the Ticketmaster agents and shops.

The sales times should be staggered ,its an out of date policy to put all events on sale at 9am.

The Ticketmaster website would cope much better with staggered sales times,but maybe Ticketmaster don't want that .
    They seem to prefer the chaos and madness of people panicking to buy whatever Ticketmaster feel fit to throw at them in the 9am scramble.

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭phunkadelic

Longitude is at 10

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

Zardoz wrote: »
    I guess its a legacy issue so that people can queue up in the Ticketmaster agents and shops.

The sales times should be staggered ,its an out of date policy to put all events on sale at 9am.

The Ticketmaster website would cope much better with staggered sales times,but maybe Ticketmaster don't want that .
    They seem to prefer the chaos and madness of people panicking to buy whatever Ticketmaster feel fit to throw at them in the 9am scramble.

Did Ticketmaster steal your girlfriend or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,539 ✭✭✭Zardoz

They could have taken yours too I'd say with their dastardly practices

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=107789194&postcount=86

latest?cb=20160904104622

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

Does any one know if there will be another Hugh Jackmam show added or is that it.
    Certainly the demand there and i can see a few days off in between

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Yep, hacked her into 52 pieces and then sent a service charge for digging the shallow grave.

I have seen them listed amongst the most hated companies for very good reason.

Advertisement