Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Social welfare

Options
  • 05-12-2018 3:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭

I've just recieved my christmas bonus from social welfare. I saw on the slip that my next sign
    on date is the 15th of January 2019 is this right, that means i will be waiting six weeks for my
    next payment. Can someone clarify this for me. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭Curlysue76

Think that’s when you need to sign on in the SW office. Next payment should be next week at P.O.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 608 ✭✭✭Dalomanakora

Sign on date is just when you go in and sign to say you're still unemployed.

Your next payment is next week. You'll have another week of a double payment before Christmas, with no payment the following week. This week's payment was your dole plus a free bonus. The next double payment will be an ADVANCE payment so no payment for one week afterwards.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,409 Mod ✭✭✭✭woodchuck

OP as this is not a personal issue, your thread is better suited to the State Benefits forum.

I'm locking the thread and moving it over there, so the mods can review before re-opening. However please note that the State Benefits charter will now apply.

Advertisement