Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Death knell for those who collect ticket stubs?

Options
  • 04-12-2018 11:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,355 ✭✭✭

I know I'm not the only one who does this but feel the end is near for this hobby. I've collected concert ticket stubs for 15+ years, hundreds of shows.

It's becoming increasingly difficult to avoid Ticketmaster but do so where possible, have a few gigs coming up and most I've had no choice but to use them. Have gigs coming up in January and none of the tickets had shown up...until today.

Enclosed in the envelope was paper crap tickets with a note (also paper crap) which read...
    TICKETMASTER

IMPORTANT INFORMATION

HELLO, THESE ARE OUR BRAND NEW PAPER TICKETS!

FOLD TEAR ENJOY

(Picture of a fold)(Picture of a bunch of tickets)(Picture of sign of the horns) :o

To ensure that you separate the tickets correctly please fold the tickets by the perforation and then tear as outlined in our diagram above - making sure you leave the ticket stub on!

You can then hand them out to your party on the day and work in exactly the same way as our older style tickets.

Make sure you keep your tickets safe & enjoy your event!

So they notified me I would not be getting what I thought I ordered when they made the delivery of the inferior alternative, sure it's clear my main aim and use is to get me through show doors but when it states on that note you can hand out to your party and work in exactly the same way as older tickets...no, for me I'd rarely have a "party" a chunk of my friends don't share the same taste in music, those older tickets were card more durable lucky enough to get a number signed by artists over the years unlikely that new sh1te cuts it for that, work in same way as older me bollocks.

Am I actually being over dramatic for a simple but possibly dying hobby? Ticket fees seem to be increasing the whole time while the service provided appears to be relaxing more,I wonder did some people lose their jobs because dozens of event goers print their tickets at home these days while the higher ups reap the rewards and this is with what appears to be times of ever increasing demand and prices in this industry...

...Least they could do is gimme a proper ticket stub. :(

Advertisement