Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Life in Wexford

Options
  • 29-11-2018 5:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi folks!
    My husband and I are currently living in Dublin, but prohibitive property prices and overall bad quality of living are making us look elsewhere. Perhaps Wexford Town could be our new home :)

How safe would you say Wexford Town is in regards to house burglaries and anti-social behaviour these days?

Would you say it's a clean and tidy town?

I appreciate your inputs!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

There's a thread here somewhere about moving to Wexford town.
    It's a vibrant town with plenty to do and there's some exciting developments in the works.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 cherry09

There's a thread here somewhere about moving to Wexford town.
    It's a vibrant town with plenty to do and there's some exciting developments in the works.

I'm glad to hear that!!

I just found this great 2015 post (www. boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057489466&page=1), but still, it would be really helpful to get some up-to-date views from the locals on how livable the town is currently, such as cleanliness, safety, and overall roughness :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 547 ✭✭✭Duffryman

The quick and short answer is that nothing much has changed. All the info/advice given there is still valid.

I'm from a rural part of County Wexford myself - about 25 miles from the town - but have worked in Wexford town for most of the past 20 years, and lived in it for the first ten of those before moving back towards home again. Have always liked it, and would recommend it to others.

Only thing is, even after all these years, a really strong Wexford town accent and the habit of calling people 'hun' still grates....!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,944 ✭✭✭Eggs For Dinner

You've to serve time in Gorey first before you can apply to live in Wexford. It's a bit of a halfway house

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭dragonfly!

cherry09 wrote: »
    Hi folks!
    My husband and I are currently living in Dublin, but prohibitive property prices and overall bad quality of living are making us look elsewhere. Perhaps Wexford Town could be our new home :)

How safe would you say Wexford Town is in regards to house burglaries and anti-social behaviour these days?

Would you say it's a clean and tidy town?

I appreciate your inputs!!

Hi there,
    I am from North Wexford but my grandparents live in Wexford town so I am down there at least once a week
    If I wasnt living where I am now I would move here no problem.
    Like all towns there can be anti social behaviour but I would always feel safe.
    The only thing is work wise - decent good paying jobs are far and few between.
    Wages wouldnt be any where near Dublin levels so just something to think about before a house purchase
    Then again - the cost of living is a lot lower too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

dragonfly! wrote: »

Then again - the cost of living is a lot lower too

How so?:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭EverythingGood

vicwatson wrote: »
    How so?:)

Rent / cost of a house / price of a pint / local shops / less commuting hence no cost of Dublin bus or Luas fares / less diesel to get from town to local business parks / haircuts tend to be cheaper / GP's tend to be cheaper / home insurance cheaper / potentially cheaper car insurance

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭dragonfly!

Rent / cost of a house / price of a pint / local shops / less commuting hence no cost of Dublin bus or Luas fares / less diesel to get from town to local business parks / haircuts tend to be cheaper / GP's tend to be cheaper / home insurance cheaper / potentially cheaper car insurance

Pretty much what I was going to say
    Dining out would also be a lot cheaper

Advertisement