Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Week 12 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,171 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

What a huge drive that is. That one play to A Rob opened everything up.

We deserved to get away with that pick play after Trey Burton was called for a BS penalty on a legal pick which cost us a game winning TD against the Dolphins.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Bears made that look easy. Not sure why they went for 2 however considering it's likely to be a low-scoring game.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,822 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

Can someone explain what that flag on the TD play was about?

A Rob with an illegal pick play up the field which is why Mizzel had so much room. They picked up the flag and said it was accidental but I think it was designed to look that way.

Oat23 wrote: »

A Rob with an illegal pick play up the field which is why Mizzel had so much room. They picked up the flag and said it was accidental but I think it was designed to look that way.
    Honestly I didn't see anything in it but when the ref was explaining it I was helping my mam work the blender to make the stuffing. It's a tough day here, honestly, especially when you're drinking at the same time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,505 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Oat23 wrote:
    It didn't look illegal to me.
    I don't think he blocked anybody. It's illegal if he blocks or impedes another form getting to the ball.

eagle eye wrote: »
    It didn't look illegal to me.
    I don't think he blocked anybody. It's illegal if he blocks or impedes another form getting to the ball.

Nah it was definitely an intentional pick play and he blocked the DB who was supposed to be covering Mizzel.

The way he turned towards Daniel and put his hands out was an act.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/nfl/comments/9zgu1l/highlight_taquan_mizzell_gets_his_first_career/

Nagy is asking a lot of Daniel today by not establishing any type of run game (28 yards total rushing) and also putting him in a lot of situations where he's taking hits with designed QB runs. He barely plays football and he has got rocked multiple times today. One bad hit and we're down to the practice squad QB.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,505 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Oat23 wrote:
    The way he turned towards Daniel and put his hands out was an act.
    He is allowed to do that, there was very little if any interference.

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭Zoton

Dammit. Roberts should've caught that

• Advertisement

eagle eye wrote: »
    He is allowed to do that, there was very little if any interference.

You can't intentionally set a pick that far off the line of scrimmage though, and that was intentional. He put his hands out to fool the refs into thinking it was an accidental collision with the DB. He turns his head towards Mizzel but still holds his hands out. It was all set up.

Not sure how you can say there was little interference when he took the DB out of the play completely.

Eddie Jackson you beauty. I ****ing love you.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Poor throw by Stafford, that's probably the game. Very good win from the Bears, look nailed on for a playoff spot now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭cosatron

Stafford wtf. Got 2 picks throwing to roberts

What. A. Win. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭Badabing

Eddie Jackson and Kyle Fuller i love you both equally!

I was fully sure the Lions would win on that last drive. I've been pessimistic all week for this one, delighted to be wrong. Daniel had a rough start but he did pretty well as the game wore on. Defense looked tired but they did it when it mattered. It wasn't pretty, but to get flexed to late Sunday and and play early Thursday made everything more difficult, and to do with the back up QB. That's seriously good business, I don't care who you're up against.

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭Zoton

Sigh... Same old Lions

I see they have Willie Beamen introducing the cowboys game. He was the best qb the sharks ever produced.

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭rebelyell99

I see they have Willie Beamen introducing the cowboys game. He was the best qb the sharks ever produced.
    great film

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,437 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

That trumpet player is giving it socks on the Anthem.

Not a bum note in that anthem. Tip of the hat.

Also, I didn't see the first game live but it seems the bears have more reason to be happy. They have a mini bye and have seen what their back up QB can do. Not a bad few days for bears fans.

TD Cowboys and makes a donation to the Salvation Army.

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Also, I didn't see the first game live but it seems the bears have more reason to be happy. They have a mini bye and have seen what their back up QB can do. Not a bad few days for bears fans.
    Three divisional games in 11 days, and got through them 3-0. That's good drinking weather in any man's language. I don't really care too much about the rest of the games today but damned of I'm going to stop drinking beer and watching football now...

(Yes I'm drunk, we're having the dinner late...)

I'd just like to say I'm thankful for Eddie Jackson breaking his leg in college, for the chiefs being good on offense last year, and for Jon gruden being as thick as a box of rocks.

cowboys have cracked this game open fast , two quick tds to cooper woeful tackling by skins .Then colt mc coy tosses it straight to demarcus lawrence game over and probaly washingtons season.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Dallas are winning this division.

Killer fumble by Julio there. Falcons were primed to put points on the board before HT.

Dungy is great on commentary. He should be doing this every week instead of studio work.

Im struggling to see how this saints offense can be stoppped , brees threw four TD passes yesterday to lewis,kirkwood,carr and arnold (who?) they can attack you in so many ways.Their defense gave up a lot of big plays through the air still last night but they come up with huge turnovers at vital times and really thats all they need 2 or 3 turnovers a game and that offense will do the rest.Super bowl champs elect for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,921 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Im struggling to see how this saints offense can be stoppped , brees threw four TD passes yesterday to lewis,kirkwood,carr and arnold (who?) they can attack you in so many ways.Their defense gave up a lot of big plays through the air still last night but they come up with huge turnovers at vital times and really thats all they need 2 or 3 turnovers a game and that offense will do the rest.Super bowl champs elect for me.

That's pretty much my summation looking at the highlights this morning.

I

Advertisement