Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Private profiles - please note that profiles marked as private will soon be public. This will facilitate moderation so mods can view users' warning histories. All of your posts across the site will appear on your profile page (including PI, RI). Groups posts will remain private except to users who have access to the same Groups as you. Thread here
Some important site news, please read here. Thanks!

Preliminary Interviews For Post Of Permanent Clerical Officer- Ref: 22/2017

  • 19-11-2018 10:21pm
    #1
    Registered Users Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭ tylercheribini


    Just received my please f*ck off from interview last week.A First Class Honours BA and MA, eight months duty in the civil service under me belt and it turns out I was "personally ineffective" this whole time. :) This interview just for the honour of another intervew too! For a 23k a yr salary, the goalpost moving is beyond farce.


Comments

  • Registered Users Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭ fin12


    Just received my please f*ck off from interview last week.A First Class Honours BA and MA, eight months duty in the civil service under me belt and it turns out I was "personally ineffective" this whole time. :) This interview just for the honour of another intervew too! For a 23k a yr salary, the goalpost moving is beyond farce.

    Was this for the 2018 nationwide competition?


  • Registered Users Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭ tylercheribini


    fin12 wrote: »
    Was this for the 2018 nationwide competition?

    No hosted on Wicklow County Council site, not Public Jobs.


  • Registered Users Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭ tylercheribini


    fin12 wrote: »
    Was this for the 2018 nationwide competition?

    No hosted on Wicklow County Council site, not Public Jobs.


  • Registered Users Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭ fin12


    No hosted on Wicklow County Council site, not Public Jobs.

    Oh right ya I’d a preliminary interview for a co job aswell for Educational training board, such a load of ****e. I knew I should have listened to my gut instinct and not attented and wasted time off work to attend. I found it pretty tough so can’t imagine what crap they would put you through in the “final” interview.


  • Registered Users Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭ tylercheribini


    fin12 wrote: »
    Oh right ya I’d a preliminary interview for a co job aswell for Educational training board, such a load of ****e. I knew I should have listened to my gut instinct and not attented and wasted time off work to attend. I found it pretty tough so can’t imagine what crap they would put you through in the “final” interview.

    Yea its a deathmatch against other applicants for final interview id imagine. I was relatively confident going in having a first class honours degree and masters behind me and just finished 8 months as a TCO. Loada bull, must be PHD's getting the 23k a yr job :)


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭ fin12


    Yea its a deathmatch against other applicants for final interview id imagine. I was relatively confident going in having finished a first class honours degree and masters behind me and just finished 8 months as a TCO. Loada bull, must be PHD's getting the 23k a yr job :)

    Or unfortunately could be just down to people who are good at interviews. I’m crap at interviews so wasn’t a suprice for me. I got a position from the 2016 campaign so the interviews for PAS are so nice compared to other employers.


  • Registered Users Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭ tylercheribini


    fin12 wrote: »
    Or unfortunately could be just down to people who are good at interviews. I’m crap at interviews so wasn’t a suprice for me. I got a position from the 2016 campaign so the interviews for PAS are so nice compared to other employers.

    I was probably a touch arrogant, just thought showing up with my credentials, showered, shaved, suited and booted would be enough :)If im going to fight for a position then it will be for something im actually passionate about.


  • Registered Users Posts: 27 Noreenee1


    anybody saved the interview notes just a thought need help as ive one coming up for co council



Advertisement