Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First Secretary Dept Foreign Affairs - anyone through to video interview?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23 LKBeenit

Has anyone heard anything on this competition? Have they started the clearance process for any of the panel yet? Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭fi314

first 20 on the open have all been called

Ok thanks. I've just missed out so. Do you know if they are likely to call any more?

The panel will run for 2 year so if you just missed out I would think to give them a call so at least you know if its a matter of months or will it be next year

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Wolverinex

Does anyone know how many made this panel out of the 60 that were called for interview? I just missed out on getting called for interview and wondering if there’s any chance at all that they might call another batch from those that passed the video interviews.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 Wolverinex

Just got called for interview! Anyone have any idea where this panel is currently at? Thanks!

Last I heard was that they took the first 20 (of a panel of nearly 40). HR seemed to think that the next call ups would be summer and then into next year. Perhaps its moved faster?

I'm just starting the clearance process now so they must have called the next batch. Anyone else in clearance now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 886 ✭✭✭Anteayer

That's one I always meant to apply for but I think I've missed the boat age wise now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 JeoJB

Hi

Thought I'd resurrect this one.

I'm on what I believe is the second open panel, was notified back in May but all quiet since. Anyone any idea where this is? I tried writing to the contact given for my application but didn't hear back, they're a little tight lipped it seems...

Thanks for any info!

J

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 Easton Assassin

Anyone have any idea/guess please if another First Secretary competition is due? I see they have not run one in a few years, only a recent Counsellor competition.

Also I see an interesting comment from a past posting that they think they missed the boat "age wise". Is this a worry an older candidate should have (guessing 40 plus!!)? Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Minifox

Another First Secretary competition has started. Search for forum Open First Secretary DFA 2021 in Boards for more info.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Minifox

Oh, and I don't think there's any age issue. As long as you're under 66, of course! And haven't taken a redundancy package from the civil service previously.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 marley83

Thanks for this!! I’ve been looking for this forum and can’t find it, did it definitely exist? Thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 22 marley83

• Registered Users Posts: 3 toryumon

Anyone who reached final interview last time around have any insights to share?

What kind of questions were they asking?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 kj2022

Hi all, also really interested in any experience of final stage interviews anyone would be willing to share. Is it a straightforward competence based interview or are there more elements to it, presentations/ group exercises etc?

Edit- have found the other thread for the 2021 competition so will follow it.

Advertisement