Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

Ryanair PLane Seized in Bordeaux

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭Thomyokk

Lol

Gotta love the French

I'm presuming Ryanair doesn't even own it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 newnamexx

Pocket money for Ryanair. How much will it cost the airport if they pull out or cancel flights to that little airport?
    Might be shooting themselves in the foot.

• It wasn't plane sailing after all, terrible burden on Mikey having to honour a debt.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭View Profile

newnamexx wrote:
    Pocket money for Ryanair. How much will it cost the airport if they pull out or cancel flights to that little airport? Might be shooting themselves in the foot.

Bordeaux is plenty busy and is in no way reliant on FR for business.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,795 ✭✭✭billie1b

Thomyokk wrote: »
    Lol

Gotta love the French

It’s one of the ones that Ryanair own, a good few of them are owned through a holding company but the main share holder of that company is also a Ryanair member so it makes no difference really.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,271 ✭✭✭✭Varik

The plane was seized in Bordeaux, it's Angouleme airport that's going after the debt.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭dogmatix

According to the Irish Times, the plane is now released after Ryanair coughed up the missing cash.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,839 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

Appalling behaviour from Ryanair

• Registered Users Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭billy few mates

Thomyokk wrote: »
    Lol

Gotta love the French

Even if they didn't own the aircraft there would normally be a CP in the lease agreement forbidding the creation of any lien on the aircraft, something like this would have an operator in serious breach of the lease agreement. They would have no option except speedy payment to avoid defaulting on the lease agreement.

As someone said it was related to Angouleme which does depend on Ryanair. Ryanair is not reliant on any airport. A lot of airports depend on Ryanair for a lot more than 500k

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭Jack1985

newnamexx wrote: »
    As someone said it was related to Angouleme which does depend on Ryanair. Ryanair is not reliant on any airport. A lot of airports depend on Ryanair for a lot more than 500k

Ryanair hasn't flown to Angoulême since 2010, so not exactly sure what point you are attempting to make. FR owed unpaid fees which they have now paid totaling nearly €525,000. The airport lies within the Nouvelle-Aquitaine region of south west France, which is why EI-EBG was seized in Bordeaux yesterday evening under the authority of the Directorate General for Civil Aviation of France.

Not a great week for Ryanair's image by any extent.

Jack1985 wrote: »

Not a great week for Ryanair's image by any extent.

Maybe they should consider sacking the people who failed in their responsibility to return this money as they do with other employees who have been found guilty of tarnishing the the company’s image by their actions...?

Whatever. The point is that Ryanair come out on top. Come what may.
    Like most of us. When I need to travel. I research all the options. Then I book Ryanair because I save money and they are reliable.
    That's the way it is

• Registered Users Posts: 16,839 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

newnamexx wrote: »
    Whatever. The point is that Ryanair come out on top. Come what may.
    Like most of us. When I need to travel. I research all the options. Then I book Ryanair because I save money and they are reliable.
    That's the way it is

That seems little relevance to the story in this thread

I think it's another new account for our much loved Ryanair chief propaganda-ist.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,711 ✭✭✭roundymac

IIRC something similer happened a few years back in Manchester. The airport parked a van behind the plane and would'nt move it until all money's were paid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭Thomyokk

roundymac wrote: »
    IIRC something similer happened a few years back in Manchester. The airport parked a van behind the plane and would'nt move it until all money's were paid.

If a passenger did that they'd get arrested

Thomyokk wrote:
    If a passenger did that they'd get arrested

When a judge approves a baliff to acquire an unpaid asset it's legal.

roundymac wrote: »

They normally use a snow plough...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,979 ✭✭✭Stovepipe

It happened in Dublin too. Back in the (FLS) day, a 737 was being overhauled by them as it couldn't go to Prestwick for some reason. A Ryanair bill fell due on a Friday and by close of business, there was no sign of the money, electronically or actual. A call was made to Ryanair's old HQ in Dublin and a torrent of abuse came back down the line. Hangar manager sez: "right so, push it out." and so it was, pushed out and left to one side, panels off,etc. There followed a frantic outburst of phone calls and pleas to get the aircraft back inside. It was not towed back in until money was transferred and a grovelling apology made.

• Advertisement

Ha, ha I remember that Stovepipe.
    It's not just Ryanair that gets caught out. In an another life I was suddenly despatched on my motorcycle to Aer Lingus HOB with orders to pick up a cheque and lodge it immediately to our bank near the airport.
    Imagine my surprise when I opened the envelope and the cheque was for £575,000.
    I never found out the back story, that was above my paygrade but it was probably similar. Writs were probably flying.
    A few days later I lodged another cheque for £250,000.
    Knowing Lingus, it was probably a cock up but Ryanair really do take the pee being the ruthless capitalist bastards they are.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,571 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

So the matter has been resolved. This is standard practise in aviation. With the event finished I think we can close the thread.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement