Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Phishing email - sender hooked. Any good ideas how to keep tham busy?

• 07-11-2018 10:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭

I got phising email from auto@w-t-f-answer.fun asking for bitcoins (your phone got hacked, we have your nude videos, etc). I got them hooked - 2 replies so far :D. Any ideas for good pranks?

P.S. I already notified the company that registered the domain, so I'm not sure how long it will last.

Edit: They are much better and faster that average Customer Support :-) And use Cyrillic

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,125 ✭✭✭BobMc

Accidentaly send them some random nudes, preferably something really offensive :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,958 ✭✭✭spaceHopper

Tell them you have no money right not but as soon as you've sold the gold you've been trading in you'll be able to pay then trippel, that right now you are about to leave your wife and mistress to move in with your girlfriend. You've been part of a gold trading syndicate and don't want your soon to be ex wife to find out or she'll look for half.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,480 ✭✭✭wexie

Have a look here for information : https://www.419eater.com/

or inspiration rather

PrzemoF wrote: »
    I got phising email from auto@w-t-f-answer.fun asking for bitcoins (your phone got hacked, we have your nude videos, etc). I got them hooked - 2 replies so far :D. Any ideas for good pranks?

P.S. I already notified the company that registered the domain, so I'm not sure how long it will last.

Edit: They are much better and faster that average Customer Support :-) And use Cyrillic

Tell them you dont know how to send bitcoins and ask them to talk you through how to do it. Be extremely dense about it. Keep the messages going back and forth. When you're starting to get fed up tell them you have sent the money, or more than they are asking, but put a typo in the wallet address you've sent it to.

You: I sent the money and an extra $x for your patience
    Them: It didnt arrive.
    You: I sent it to zxy-obvious-typo
    Them: No! It should be zxy-something-else
    You: Oh oops. I dont know how that happened...etc

Then get them to talk you through how to retrieve the money back again. They might get fed up.

A guy messaged me on facebook once saying he had hacked my webcam and wanted $500 sent to his western union. I doctered a western union receipt to make it look like Id sent the money to a city 300 kilometres from where he was. I still wonder if he went there to get the money. Either way, I never heard from him again.

Advertisement