Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Bon Jovi, RDS, 15th June 2019

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭Lackey

Heard last night that Three we’re giving away tickets for the Sunday night gig. Not sure how you go about getting them but worth checking out nonetheless.

I’m glad I sold mine 2 weeks ago...

Actually just found this: https://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057987298/8

Seen that this morning
    It’s finished now:(
    But it’s driven down the price of online sales

• Registered Users Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭SmallTeapot

What is parking around the RDS like? I've been to a few concerts there before, but I usually stay overnight in Dublin, so parking was never a worry..... :p

Is there any parking I can pre-book online by any chance (like the Point carpark for the 3Arena)? Information on the RDS site is limited

• Registered Users Posts: 10,218 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

What is parking around the RDS like? I've been to a few concerts there before, but I usually stay overnight in Dublin, so parking was never a worry..... :p

Is there any parking I can pre-book online by any chance (like the Point carpark for the 3Arena)? Information on the RDS site is limited

on street parking usually around there, housing estates mainly.... First come first served.

But I think the rugby club nearby run a car park ? iirc !?

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... "

• Registered Users Posts: 37,764 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Doors: 17:30
    Manic Street Preachers: 18:15
    Bon Jovi: 20:10
    PLEASE NOTE TIMES ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE. DUE TO INCREASED SECURITY MEASURES PATRONS ARE ADVISED TO BE AT THE VENUE IN SUFFICIENT TIME. IMPORTANT: NO QUEUING ALLOWED PRIOR TO GATES OPENING LIMITED TICKETS AVAILABLE.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

mightyreds wrote: »
    Some amount of "friends" now on facebook selling 2 standing tickets that they won as a prize , seen 2 for 60/80/100 all just today

I doubt they won them. Probably got them for free through Three plus app. Few on Adverts saying they won them too. Strange coincidence it was all only after Three gave them away for nothing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,358 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

Wheety wrote: »
    I doubt they won them. Probably got them for free through Three plus app. Few on Adverts saying they won them too. Strange coincidence it was all only after Three gave them away for nothing.

Did everyone on 3 plus who entered get tickets? I was under the impression only some got them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

Kolido wrote: »
    Did everyone on 3 plus who entered get tickets? I was under the impression only some got them.

Wasn't a competition. Was first come, first served. Although the app was struggling so maybe some people felt like they won. I gave mine to someone in work. My brother gave his to a friend. People looking to make money from free tickets though :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,681 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Doors: 17:30

Early start!

Looking at https://www.setlist.fm/setlists/bon-jovi-33d6b851.html, they seem to playing between 22 and 24 songs this tour so they're putting the effort in!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,681 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

Just noticed that ticketmaster have reduced the price of tickets by about a tenner each (pitch now €90, gold circle €100). Is there any scope for phoning to complain and demanding a partial refund or is it just tough luck if this happens?

Edit: they've covered themselves, obviously...

4.3 In many circumstances, Ticket prices are set at the time of the initial on-sale and stay the same until the event. However, some Tickets are "market-priced," and so Sale Prices may increase or decrease at any time, based on demand. This is similar to how airline tickets and hotel rooms are sold and is commonly referred to as "Dynamic Pricing". You will not be entitled to a refund or credit if (i) the Sale Price you paid for a Ticket was at any time before you purchased your Ticket less than the Sale Price you paid; or (ii) the Sale Price of any other Tickets to the relevant event (whether in the same price category or otherwise) is/are subsequently reduced after you purchase your Ticket.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭hetuzozaho

I picked up the three free ones for some manics. Liked bon Jovi as a kid so might be interesting.

The actual prices are crazy money, can't believe people are paying these prices.

As a weekly, often bi weekly gig goer, granted smaller gigs, the big gigs are crazy money. People can't keep seeing these events as value for money, surely it has to stop!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

If I was meeting anyone with ticket with three plus free on them and wanted money I'd laugh at them.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,021 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Three should track the tickets and anyone selling them should be refused any more freebies. Bad form

The free ticket option didn't even show up on my app. Possibly wifi/4g issues. Wasn't getting one anyway

Hopefully some more will be offered, very generous of them tbh. Always going to be people chancing there luck and trying to make a profit from them

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭frogstar

Watching the rock n roll hall of fame and yes Jon's voice is bad now but god it makes me miss Ritchie... He is fantastic with the harmonies.

Was lucky to see Ritchie in olympia a few years ago with orianthi. He was amazing... Especially in such a small venue.

Going Sunday and looking forward to it but would love to see Ritchie back but really can't see another tour from them

The free ticket option didn't even show up on my app. Possibly wifi/4g issues. Wasn't getting one anyway

Hopefully some more will be offered, very generous of them tbh. Always going to be people chancing there luck and trying to make a profit from them

• Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭Zardoz

frogstar wrote: »
    Watching the rock n roll hall of fame and yes Jon's voice is bad now but god it makes me miss Ritchie... He is fantastic with the harmonies.

Bad now ??
    Jons voice has been shot since the mid to late nineties ,he permanently damaged it from too much touring .

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭dmcguq10

Any idea what time the concert will finish at on Sunday night?

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭colmufc

Does the rds run parking out behind the main arena , I remember going to a gig in Simmons court years ago and there was parking in front of that building , the website is very unhelpful

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Logic

If anyone has 2 seating tickets on Saturday that they don't mind swapping for standing please pm me. Looking to swap as the missus is nearly 9 months pregnant and don't want to be standing all gig.

If anyone has 2 seating tickets on Saturday that they don't mind swapping for standing please pm me. Looking to swap as the missus is nearly 9 months pregnant and don't want to be standing all gig.

Why don't you contact Ticketmaster and change the standing to seats ,its easily done.

• Advertisement

Zardoz wrote: »
    Why don't you contact Ticketmaster and change the standing to seats ,its easily done.

Tried but failed. Between them and MCD we couldn't get a reply at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 197 ✭✭vkus6mt3y8zg2q

Did these tickets go on sale initially 9 months ago?

Did these tickets go on sale initially 9 months ago?

And what exactly is that meant to mean? People can have lives and stuff happen in between.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,002 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I am using a mate's won tickets, are they strict checking IDs etc., for free tickets?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

Tried but failed. Between them and MCD we couldn't get a reply at all.

Twitter is great got a reply back in a few hours trying to swap Sunday to Saturday but no luck

Doors: 17.30

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I am using a mate's won tickets, are they strict checking IDs etc., for free tickets?

There are no ID checks for this concert.

Zardoz wrote: »
    There are no ID checks for this concert.

Thanks I was afraid I needed ID to match ticket name, I don't use other's tickets often :o

Thanks I was afraid I needed ID to match ticket name, I don't use other's tickets often :o

Only a handful of events each year in this country have ID restrictions ,and none actually enforce it .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭piplip87

Doors: 17.30

Looks like the Manics are getting a near full set :D happy days

Advertisement