Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email Niamh on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
New AMA with a US police officer (he's back!). You can ask your questions here

Slaughterhouse Rulez

• 26-10-2018 11:24am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,066 restive

Are there any reviews available on this. I presume it's a horror comedy given that Simon Peig is involved.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭ matchthis

Saw a trailer on it this evening. Thought I read he was working again with nick frost, but didn’t know it was a finished project. All the same, I’d be interested in seeing it. Good chemistry between the two them on and off screen

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 10,604 Mod ✭✭✭✭ Fysh

Trailer:

Looks like it could be good fun. Odd to see that Simon Pegg seems to be turning into Robert Bathurst in this...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭ Jet Black

I wouldn't bother to be honest. If your going for Simon and Nick they aren't on screen together and is almost like cameo roles. It's not really a horror, comedy or action, it's just plain bad mess. The 'monsters' look like
    komodo dragons

3/10

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 10,604 Mod ✭✭✭✭ Fysh

Fysh wrote: »
    Trailer:

Looks like it could be good fun. Odd to see that Simon Pegg seems to be turning into Robert Bathurst in this...

I caught this last night and it was ok, but somewhat forgettable - some fun bits in it (Pegg's character and somenof the other background/minor characters) but a slow start and a few too many jokes not quite landing. The horror stuff takes a while to manifest (though when it does there are a few great comedic scenes in the vein of Evil Dead 2) and the schoolcstuff never quite earns its place, falling far short of the likes of 10 Things I Hate About You.

All in all, it's not particularly bad but also not particularly good.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,253 ✭✭✭✭ branie2

I saw it on Tuesday evening, and I thought it was very funny.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 75,442 ✭✭✭✭ JP Liz V1

Did Simon Pegg and Nick Frost write/produce this?

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Did Simon Pegg and Nick Frost write/produce this?

Just acted in it AFAIK, it was co-written by the director with someone else. I looked up the producers and have never heard of them - Pegg & Frost are listed as exec producers, but there's no indication as to whether they were involved in a hands-on way.

Having said that, Stolen Pictures is the production company set up by Pegg and Frost and this was its first project. So..m maybe?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,933 ✭✭✭✭ TerrorFirmer

Thought it was pretty poor, expected a lot more from it with Pegg and Frost involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭ Fracture

I watched it last night, its not a movie id recommend to anyone, i was expecting it to be decent but i was still let down.

Advertisement