Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda vetting

Options
  • 25-10-2018 11:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi, does a drink driving ban need to be mentioned on a garda vetting form? There was no court appearance. It's a 6 month ban and 3 penalty points.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,539 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Number of years ago an employee here didn’t mention it but it came back as a recorded event, it was no big deal for us but might for some employers

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭mrmorgan

how long does this normally take?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,204 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

mrmorgan wrote: »
    how long does this normally take?

Garda vetting can take up to 8 weeks.
    "Special Vetting" ( for a civilian job within a Garda Station) can take anything between 14 and 24 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭mrmorgan

Nekarsulm wrote: »
    Garda vetting can take up to 8 weeks.
    "Special Vetting" ( for a civilian job within a Garda Station) can take anything between 14 and 24 weeks.

4 days it took.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Pablo2018

Heya guys/girls.
    I failed a roadside breathalyzer.
    I had wine poured over meat at a restaurant and this failed the test. I was brought to the station where I blew zero on the machine. Sent on my way all was good. I got it checked and it was logged onto the pulse system as “driver under the limit” suppose just has to be logged
    .. I am going through Garda vetting atm and just wondering would it effect.. surely not?
    Lesson learned tho!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Pablo2018 wrote: »
    Heya guys/girls.
    I failed a roadside breathalyzer.
    I had wine poured over meat at a restaurant and this failed the test. I was brought to the station where I blew zero on the machine. Sent on my way all was good. I got it checked and it was logged onto the pulse system as “driver under the limit” suppose just has to be logged
    .. I am going through Garda vetting atm and just wondering would it effect.. surely not?
    Lesson learned tho!

Same as other thread no. It won't .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Pablo2018

Same as other thread no. It won't .

Sorry only getting used to this. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

mrmorgan wrote: »
    4 days it took.

15 weeks here.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

15 weeks here.

Online it can come back cleared within 10 days

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

Gatling wrote: »
    Online it can come back cleared within 10 days

That was online, although I had special vetting for work with the guards.

• Advertisement
Advertisement