Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

June 2019 Babies Club

Options
  • 12-10-2018 8:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭

So, I think it’s time to start this thread!

I found out this week that I’m pregnant with baby no.2 We have been trying 5 months so we are thrilled

The EDD is June 19th. I had 1 mc before I had my little boy, so as everyone is I’m nervous as hell.

I was very tired today, I slept for 2 hours after work,!

Anyone else out there?? :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Algaranna

Saysay19 wrote: »
    So, I think it’s time to start this thread!

I found out this week that I’m pregnant with baby no.2 We have been trying 5 months so we are thrilled

The EDD is June 19th. I had 1 mc before I had my little boy, so as everyone is I’m nervous as hell.

I was very tired today, I slept for 2 hours after work,!

Anyone else out there?? :D

Hi! I was hoping someone would start this thread soon!

Congratulations, I’m a second time mum too. Our estimated due date is the 18th of June. Which hilariously was the same due date for our little girl but she was actually two weeks late. So maybe second time is the charm and this one will actually be a June baby.

Our first is 4 so she will hopefully be a great little helper and big sister.

I’m feeling pretty nauseated already but I was like that on my daughter so I know what’s coming at least 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭Sweet.Science

1st time Dad my OH is due June 12th

Have no clue what to be doing or thinking or how i can help

Its great though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭Saysay19

Congratulations Algaranna and Sweet.Science xx

Sweet science, don’t wrap her in cotton wool! But be there if she needs a cry or a back rub or foot rub ! Or a donut at 3 in the morning!

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Going unreg for this because you never know.

Got my positive test yesterday! So very very early days yet. Estimated due date June 25. This will be my first :) Still in shock as we were only trying 2 months and thought it would take much longer for some reason.

Anyone know when I should go to my GP? Seems too early yet.

And congrats to the rest of ye!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭Sweet.Science

bluebell01 wrote: »
    Going unreg for this because you never know.

Got my positive test yesterday! So very very early days yet. Estimated due date June 25. This will be my first :) Still in shock as we were only trying 2 months and thought it would take much longer for some reason.

Anyone know when I should go to my GP? Seems too early yet.

And congrats to the rest of ye!

Congrats on the great news

My OH went a few days after she found out . We still havent told anybody yet

• Advertisement

Due date June 13. This will be my first, had a mis last Christmas & have been trying since
    So we're delighted but terrified.. have booked a private scan for 8wks to confirm all is ok

Get to your GP asap to have it confirmed and to get on the public list so they can set you up for scans etc! Or so they can send referral letter if you're going private

I had planned to go Public but consultant wouldn't take me cuz I don't have full hospital cover, went to upgrade my insurance but there's a 52 week waiting period!

I've a gp appointment booked for Monday, so will be a week and a day after I found out. Grand. Might have sunk in by then :)

Congrats HBG2018. You must be delighted but understandably scared too. Hope all goes well for you. Think I'll also book a private 8 week scan.

With regards going private/public I have thought about it but think I'll go public. I do have insurance that offers me 850 back on consultant fees but you're still talking at least 2K and I'd rather spend that money on other things. Luckily the insurance also offers me money back on early scans, Gentle Birth, lactation consultants etc even if I go public so that isn't too bad.

Will hopefully do the Domino Scheme in CUMH as I'm only down the road from the hospital and I've heard great feedback about it.

I'm feeling nauseous already and the day of my missed period was only yesterday. Had to run to the loo a few times at work today and yesterday and I thought I was going to get sick. Hope it doesn't get worse!

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Minnie2017

Congrats all! So glad there’s a thread here :)

We got our positive this morning after a few months of trying so have a guesstimate date of 28th June

Minnie2017 wrote: »
    Congrats all! So glad there’s a thread here :)

We got our positive this morning after a few months of trying so have a guesstimate date of 28th June

I found out if Wednesday with two first response tests, very faint lines so I took a clear blue digital tht came back positive 1-2 weeks!

I took a second clear blue societal yesterday and same result.

I’m three weeks and five days pregnant and due June 30th! I can’t really believe it, the temptation take more tests is strong!

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭PennyWren

Congrats everyone! I’m due June 8th with my first :):) very excited and anxious but it’s feeling more real everyday.

• Advertisement

How we all doing?

I’d a productive week getting forms sorted with doctor & hospital. Starting to feel the tiredness now too

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Gwen Cooper

Hi,

I’m joining in! I’ve had a feeling that something is up because by body was behaving all funny.

I bought a test today and decided I’ll do it in the morning. Of course I couldn’t wait and did it in the disabled toilets in the shopping centre :D

It came up positive straightaway, the line is a bit faint, but still clearly visible.

Very excited, it’s baby no.1. Had a very early miscarriage a few years ago so now I’m anxious to make it through the first trimester.

I also have to do some extreme googling, I have no idea what do to!

I suppose seeing my GP will be the first step.

I’m so happy but also terrified - so many things can go wrong!

According to the calculator on thebump.com I’m due around June 30th. :)

Hi,

I’m joining in! I’ve had a feeling that something is up because by body was behaving all funny.

I bought a test today and decided I’ll do it in the morning. Of course I couldn’t wait and did it in the disabled toilets in the shopping centre :D

It came up positive straightaway, the line is a bit faint, but still clearly visible.

Very excited, it’s baby no.1. Had a very early miscarriage a few years ago so now I’m anxious to make it through the first trimester.

I also have to do some extreme googling, I have no idea what do to!

I suppose seeing my GP will be the first step.

I’m so happy but also terrified - so many things can go wrong!

According to the calculator on thebump.com I’m due around June 30th. :)

Congrats :) fingers crossed now that all goes well for you

Pay your GP a visit and they’ll talk you through it. They’ll register you for the maternity & infant scheme and send a letter to your hospital of choice. You’re first appt with the GP is covered under the scheme so don’t let them charge you

HBG2018 wrote: »
    Due date June 13. This will be my first, had a mis last Christmas & have been trying since
    So we're delighted but terrified.. have booked a private scan for 8wks to confirm all is ok

Get to your GP asap to have it confirmed and to get on the public list so they can set you up for scans etc! Or so they can send referral letter if you're going private

I had planned to go Public but consultant wouldn't take me cuz I don't have full hospital cover, went to upgrade my insurance but there's a 52 week waiting period!

This also happened me and came as quite a shock! Have a due date of 1st July , first pregnancy and v anxious so wanted to go privately in Limerick but my VHI plan does not have full hospital cover and that’s a problem for my consultant ! I got the same “no upgrade or change to policy” BS with 52 week waiting period. Hugely disappointed after paying so much to VHI over the years and this is the one time I need it !! Can I ask if your private scan will be read by a doctor or consultant ? I may have to go the same route and would definitely look for private scans but hope they will be assessed by some other than the radiographer

Minnie2017 wrote: »
    How we all doing?

I’d a productive week getting forms sorted with doctor & hospital. Starting to feel the tiredness now too

I sent all my paperwork off this week too, hoping to get my first appt date next week. I’m so excited, and anxious to have a scan.
    What hospital are you going to?

PennyWren wrote: »
    What hospital are you going to?

I’m going to go public in the Coombe so im
    not expecting an appt date for a while yet. Got a call from them on Friday and was a bit disappointed that I can’t do the domino scheme again this time.

Where are you going?

I’m going public in the coombe too. I wanted to do the domino scheme as well but I can’t. Have you been with coombe before? I know a few people that have gone there, but I haven’t told them I’m expecting yet so I can’t ask them any questions about how it was, what to expect or the difference between public and privat!

I’m going public in the coombe too. I wanted to do the domino scheme as well but I can’t. Have you been with coombe before? I know a few people that have gone there, but I haven’t told them I’m expecting yet so I can’t ask them any questions about how it was, what to expect or the difference between public and privat!

I had my little boy there, and found the public care fantastic. If there’s any questions you want to fire my way, feel free. If I can answer them I will :)

Thanks Minnie! When did you get your first appointment? Was it around the 12 week mark and did you have a scan then? My GP said you’re not guaranteed a scan until 20 weeks :( Were you seen roughly around your appt time or is there hours if sitting around waiting, if so, I’ll being snacks!

Thanks Minnie! When did you get your first appointment? Was it around the 12 week mark and did you have a scan then? My GP said you’re not guaranteed a scan until 20 weeks :( Were you seen roughly around your appt time or is there hours if sitting around waiting, if so, I’ll being snacks!

My first scan was around the 13 week mark at my booking appt. everyone gets a booking and anomaly scan in the coombe so no need to worry about that. We went for a private scan at 10 weeks and will be doing the same again this time....I have no patience.

The booking appt wasn’t too bad in terms of wait time but the public system can be a bit of a zoo. Hence why I wanted domino again. Bring snacks, water and a book and you’ll be grand.

• Advertisement

5 weeks 2 days in.

I believe I didn't know the true meaning of 'tired' until now. I spent all day in bed on Sunday, so I asked my boyfriend to go for a walk with me yesterday, just to get out of the house for a few hours.

I actually had to ask him if we can slow down (and we were walking slowly already at that point) and I had to stop and rest a few times.

Baby is about as big as peppercorn right now. How can something so tiny consume so much of my energy?

Also I keep getting cramps. Nothing that would stop me from walking, but it's still very uncomfortable. I'm worried that it could be a sign of an ectopic pregnancy.

And my boobs hurt.

At least I'm not feeling sick (yet) :D

Hopefully will be able to arrange an appointment with my GP for tomorrow morning.

How are you all doing?

Can I just ask about this? I don't have insurance in Ireland (I'm not native so I have a long-term travel insurance in my own country, it covers me for any emergencies, but not pregnancy).

I assumed that the public system is free and it doesn't matter if I have private insurance or not.

Can someone please elaborate?

Thanks! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,503 ✭✭✭baldbear

Can I just ask about this? I don't have insurance in Ireland (I'm not native so I have a long-term travel insurance in my own country, it covers me for any emergencies, but not pregnancy).

I assumed that the public system is free and it doesn't matter if I have private insurance or not.

Can someone please elaborate?

Thanks! :)
    Yeah public system is free. We went public with our first and everything worked out perfectly. :) He's dancing in front of me right now. Ha ha.

baldbear wrote: »
    Yeah public system is free. We went public with our first and everything worked out perfectly. :) He's dancing in front of me right now. Ha ha.

Cheers, I was getting worried! :)

Thanks a mill, that’s so helpful. I’ll pack my snacks!!

Car sickness is my latest symptom ☹️ I’d forgotten about this part. Once it doesn’t turn into morning sickness, I’ll be ok.

And the tiredness is oh so real now too

Welcome and congrats to the new posters!

I had my GP appointment anyway last week. She seemed quite concerned that I had nausea so early on (I was 4 weeks, now 5 weeks) and seems to think it will get a lot worse, great! Doesn't seem to be getting terribly worse though. Although was bad enough yesterday. I'm taking vitamin B6 so hopefully that's easing it. I am exhausted though.

My GP also mentioned something about not making the (public) referral to the hospital until when I'm 10 weeks. Is this normal? Seems very late. She said it's because so many women miscarry early on so I see what she means. Just hope my appointment won't be too late! I'm getting a private early scan at 8 weeks anyway all going well.

Also I got my blood test results back from the GP today. Turns out I'm not immune to Rubella even though I had the MMR vaccines. Must have worn off. My levels are a lot lower than the "immune" range. You can't get the vaccine when pregnant. In the email she said to stay away from sick people! Not very easy when you work in an office with thousands of people! As far as I know rubella isn't common these days. But still has me worried. And makes me dislike anti-vaxxers even more...

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭Sparkles27

Hi everyone, so I would like to join you guys also :)
    I've know I'm pregnant for over a month but I had my dating scan yesterday so it feels more real now :)
    My dating scan was early as I became pregnant straight after coming off the pill and didn't even get a period so had no idea of dates. I am 9+2 now with an edd of June 3rd. I'll be having another scan at 12-13 weeks.
    It's my first baby so I am very excited and nervous at the same time!

Sparkles27 wrote: »
    Hi everyone, so I would like to join you guys also :)
    I've know I'm pregnant for over a month but I had my dating scan yesterday so it feels more real now :)
    My dating scan was early as I became pregnant straight after coming off the pill and didn't even get a period so had no idea of dates. I am 9+2 now with an edd of June 3rd. I'll be having another scan at 12-13 weeks.
    It's my first baby so I am very excited and nervous at the same time!

Congratulations!

It's my first as well, so I know how you feel - although I'm just 5+3 at the moment.

Went to my GP today and told her I'm pregnant. They don't even check if you're not lying. It's just "hello, I'm pregnant" and then you sign the papers to sign up for the public system and it's done.

She was trying to take my blood and couldn't find a vein. She was very gentle, but still it hurts like hell now.

Hopefully everything will be ok, she's recommending me for an early scan as I had some very light bleeding and cramps at the beginning (still getting cramps but the bleeding has stopped) and it could be a bad sign.

Also one of the first things she told me was how many pregnancies end up miscarried and how normal it is. Is that normal that they tell you about this right at the beginning? It freaked me out, like she knows something I don't. It's bad enough that I have very realistic dreams about waking up in a pool of blood. Sometimes when I wake up I can feel the blood coming out of me, but then there's nothing there when I look.

So I suppose my main stress would be the fear of miscarriage. Can't wait to make it past the first trimester.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭Sparkles27

Congratulations!

It's my first as well, so I know how you feel - although I'm just 5+3 at the moment.

Went to my GP today and told her I'm pregnant. They don't even check if you're not lying. It's just "hello, I'm pregnant" and then you sign the papers to sign up for the public system and it's done.

She was trying to take my blood and couldn't find a vein. She was very gentle, but still it hurts like hell now.

Hopefully everything will be ok, she's recommending me for an early scan as I had some very light bleeding and cramps at the beginning (still getting cramps but the bleeding has stopped) and it could be a bad sign.

Also one of the first things she told me was how many pregnancies end up miscarried and how normal it is. Is that normal that they tell you about this right at the beginning? It freaked me out, like she knows something I don't. It's bad enough that I have very realistic dreams about waking up in a pool of blood. Sometimes when I wake up I can feel the blood coming out of me, but then there's nothing there when I look.

So I suppose my main stress would be the fear of miscarriage. Can't wait to make it past the first trimester.

Thanks Gwen and congrats to you too :)

My GP did do a pregnancy test and took bloods which came back fine too.
    I got the letter from the hospital with the date for my scan only about 3 days after visiting my GP. My GP did also tell me about the risks of miscarriage in early pregnancy.

From what I hear a lot of people get some bleeding and everything is totally fine so hopefully all is good with you. An early scan would do no harm anyway and it would put your mind at ease. I feel more relaxed after seeing the baby and the heartbeat yesterday but still looking forward to getting past the 12 week mark.

Advertisement