Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Income disregard re supplementary welfare allowance

Options
  • 11-10-2018 2:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi,
    We receive rent allowance and our oldest son who is 18 and in full time education, wants to get a part time job. I rang Citizens Advice for info on how this would affect our R.A., but they didn't know.
    I think there is such a thing as an income disregard of €75 a week that is not counted as income, over the basic supplementary welfare allowance for your family size, but to be honest, I'm not very clear on what this means. Our son is a dependent. My husband (early 60's) lost his job almost 3 years ago, and is on jobseekers allowance.
    Any help/advice on this would be greatly appreciated, as I'm at a complete loss. You would think it would be easy to find information but there's nothing whatsoever online. No one seems to know anything at all about it.
    Thanks everyone in advance :)

Comments

Advertisement