Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All things Wexford Town

Options
  • 10-10-2018 4:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭

There seems to be a good thread on Enniscorthy and anything that goes on in the town.

Anyway i thought id start one up for Wexford town, if there is any interest. Any questions, tips, hints or stuff coming up in town that people may have an interest in.

Ill kick things off with a question:

We live in the Clonard/Killeens area and over the last while we have been hearing what sounds like someone talking over a tannoy. There is a bing bong then someone, sounds like a lady, starts talking, just a few seconds.

I thought it might be one of the factories in Whitemill Industrial Estate or the new Loretto school.

Anyone hear this or any ideas where it comes from?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

I reckon it is the Loretto, especially if it is only recently noticed.

<<Bing Bong>> get to class girls, lunch over ...

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭Big Vern

It must be it! Any other other Wex town questions we will try to help!

Good to see that they have started on the new park beside the Loretto.
    This is much needed in town.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Big Vern wrote: »
    It must be it! Any other other Wex town questions we will try to help!

Good to see that they have started on the new park beside the Loretto.
    This is much needed in town.

There'll be dog ****e and beer cans all over in it in no time unfortunately

vicwatson wrote: »

Such a huge problem all over town. Cousin of mine was visiting me one weekend and we walked to the pub for a pint. He said he never seen a town as bad as Wexford for dog sh*te. Its terrible.

Hopefully as its a bit out of town it mightn't have too much late night drinking. Not sure what the plans are to close it at night time etc.

Think the gates in Redmond Park are left open 24hrs now, surely that's an open invitation for outdoor drinking!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

As someone who walks his dog on the town. I don't think Wexford town has a dog pooh problem the problem is general litter and especially cigerette butts.

William Redmond Memorial Park used to have a reputation years ago heck decades ago as a spot for drinking but not in recent years.

• Advertisement

Lets hope Redmond Park remains drinking free so and the new park is kept clear of it.

Although dog pooh problem has improved, more owners cleaning up after themselves etc, ive still see a lot of it around town. Ive often came out of my house and there is poo on the footpath. Lets hope it continues to improve form my experience its still bad enough.

Its a shame to see so much general litter around town.

Couldn’t as bad as enniscorthy. Everywhere you step you have to laser focus on the paths. I swear sometimes people bring their dogs to enniscorthy just to ****e on the paths.

Still a big problem im afraid, in fairness people do use bags to clean up, but unfortunately not everyone.
    There is an alleyway near where i live and people just throw the used bags into the ditch.

Iceland pegged to open in the square on December 4th.

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭heathersonline

What's the plan for the old ptsb building? And the little ice-cream shop at the side of cappuccinos?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,944 ✭✭✭Eggs For Dinner

What's the plan for the old ptsb building? And the little ice-cream shop at the side of cappuccinos?

The driving licence centre is going in to the old PTSB building

I'm pretty sure the council are moving into the old ptsb building. Make it easier for people to do council business on the town.

McLoughlin wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure the council are moving into the old ptsb building. Make it easier for people to do council business on the town.

If you don’t have a car

If you don’t have a car

And? Do people who don’t have a car not need to do business with the council? :confused:

And? Do people who don’t have a car not need to do business with the council? :confused:

Yes maybe, but the 35 million euro council offices are about 10 mins walk away.

Do we even know if this will be a public council office? I cant really see them moving staff out of the big money office back to town.
    Maybe others know what the plans are?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭jordata

10 minutes walk!! From the Bullring to Carricklawn? You must have very long legs Vic :)

jordata wrote: »
    10 minutes walk!! From the Bullring to Carricklawn? You must have very long legs Vic :)

Must be an estate agent. :pac:

As far as I know it ain't the county council staff from Carrick lawn moving down its the town council staff from spawell road.

If you take the back gate (old front gate from the old hospital) in hospital via Carrick lawn to bullring probably be about 10 minutes.

McLoughlin wrote: »
    As far as I know it ain't the county council staff from Carrick lawn moving down its the town council staff from spawell road.

If you take the back gate (old front gate from the old hospital) in hospital via Carrick lawn to bullring probably be about 10 minutes.

There’s no way you’d get from the hospital down to the bullring never mind carricklawn to the bullring in 10 mins walking. It’s about a 10 minute walk from the hospital to carricklawn.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

TIt’s about a 10 minute walk from the hospital to carricklawn.

Eh? It's just across road, 500 metres tops!

I walk between the County Council and the middle of main street regularly in 20 minutes.

It will indeed be Wexford Borough Council staff going into the new offices, which is currently based in the old building on Spawell Road.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Decoda

https://www.independent.ie/regionals/newrossstandard/news/councils-building-costs-hit-60m-29600895.html

More like €60 million Vic....

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Depends how fast you trot - if you're in need of the loo, it might become a 10 minute dash :o

The Winter Wonderland parade is on in town on Saturday, starting at 4. Always a good crowd and buzz around for this.

Hi all,

I have a painful elbow for the last few months, really need to get it looked at.
    Can anyone recommend a Physio who deals with this sort condition and is within the Wex town area.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 RiCriostoir

Hi all,

I have a painful elbow for the last few months, really need to get it looked at.
    Can anyone recommend a Physio who deals with this sort condition and is within the Wex town area.

Thanks.

Theres many great physios in Wexford,but one of the most heard about one in my opinion that seems to be good is "Muscle Maintenance" He covers alot of sports players.

His facebook page if interested is Muscle Maintenance and hes located on Redmond Road, Wexford. His number is 087 411 9336

Theres many great physios in Wexford,but one of the most heard about one in my opinion that seems to be good is "Muscle Maintenance" He covers alot of sports players.

His facebook page if interested is Muscle Maintenance and hes located on Redmond Road, Wexford. His number is 087 411 9336

Thanks for that, will check him out.

Does anyone know what the waiting times are like in the Driving Licence office in Redmond Square. Need to get a new licence.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭jpb1974

Does anyone know what the waiting times are like in the Driving Licence office in Redmond Square. Need to get a new licence.

Was only ever in there once applying for a license renewal, there were about 3-4 customers ahead of me and the wait time was about 20 mins.

Advertisement