If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Private profiles - please note that profiles marked as private will soon be public. This will facilitate moderation so mods can view users' warning histories. All of your posts across the site will appear on your profile page (including PI, RI). Groups posts will remain private except to users who have access to the same Groups as you. Thread here
Some important site news, please read here. Thanks!

Company wants to pay me in shares. How to receive them?

  • 08-10-2018 7:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭ di11on

    Hi folks,

    Did some work for a UK company and I agreed in advance to accept part payment in shares. It is a UK company traded on FTSE AIM

    I'm looking into how I can actually receive them. Davys said that it would be far from straightforward - I basically understood impossible. I was directed to a UK broker called Hargreaves Lansdown. With them, the transfer would be straight forward but I would need a UK bank account.

    Can anyone give me a steer?

    Thanks in advance

    Edit: The have said that they can just issue me with a share certificate but this usually costs more to process... it's more efficient for me if I have an online share trading account that I can receive the shares into... so how to set up one of these?


  • Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭ Mach 3

    Do you want to hold them long term or cash them in over the next couple of months?