Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

2019 PDC World Darts Championship (inc. schedule of play in OP)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,993 ✭✭✭boomdocker

Showing some good world champ quality right there

• Registered Users Posts: 4,228 ✭✭✭munster87

Cross so good under pressure

• Registered Users Posts: 39,498 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

This is where the two matches in one session could really bite de Zwaan

• Registered Users Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭sc86

decker proving once again he has a small pecker ......

il get my coat

Wow what a finish Rob

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

That was some last leg of the 3rd set.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,339 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

cracking 121 from Cross

• Registered Users Posts: 6,621 ✭✭✭ThebitterLemon

Serious bottle Cross

TbL

Ah great stuff from Cross

De zwaan doing nothing wrong so far

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,755 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Cross can be dangerous when he decides too play

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭RebelButtMunch

Degag wrote: »
    He was a bit of a dick throughout though

Agreed

Can someone please buy Cross a better fitting pair of trousers. The constant adjusting...

This is going to be some average for a first round loss

• Registered Users Posts: 7,701 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Impressive from Cross. He's just so good in the big moments.

Delighted for Cross, super performance under pressure

TbL

106.09 - Second highest losing average

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

Don't like Cross for reasons I can't quite place. Hate his little smile or something

One thing tonight definitely showed

You can beat eggs
    You can beat a drum
    You can beat man utd

But

You can't beat the darts at Christmas

Tough on de zwaan having the two matches in one session. Think it took it's toll as well once Cross got a bit of wind in his sails

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,755 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Great opening night

Tbh Cross could easily go on and retain

Unusual to have an afternoon session tomorrow and nothing special on there tbh. Tomorrow night looks decent

That was a cracker. Unlucky de Zwaan. Cross showed his class. He has to wait 10 days now for his next game!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Class from Cross after a nightmare year.

He was so clutch in the big moments.
    All of a sudden he’s a major contender and half the price he was.

He will take some stopping now in a very weak bottom half.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

How was decker being a dick? A few harmless celebrations because the crowd were against him! Is it just because he was playing a woman he should just keep all emotions hidden?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,952 ✭✭✭Degag

How was decker being a dick? A few harmless celebrations because the crowd were against him! Is it just because he was playing a woman he should just keep all emotions hidden?

Ah he was nowhere near mvg or price levels but just thought he was being over exuberant at times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

Degag wrote: »
    Ah he was nowhere near mvg or price levels but just thought he was being over exuberant at times.

So just because he was playing a woman then yeah? You wouldn't bat an eyelid if he did the exact same head but/fist pump had he been playing a man.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Lazarus2.0

... A few harmless celebrations because the crowd were against him! Is it just because he was playing a woman he should just keep all emotions hidden?

I don't see why all the fuss either. There's far more exuberant celebrations accepted in lesser events and if you's in the World Champs being pumped up for that is pretty much a necessary requirement. Biggest stage in the world for any player, even if it's only Round 1 and you're sat in an armchair watching it on the telly.

I very much doubt that Lisa Ashton had a problem with it either (perhaps just not used to it but she's experienced enough to know it's gonna happen). It's great to see ladies in the event again but equal = equal and ladies darts won't progress if the male players are somehow expected to make exceptions for them.

Lazarus2.0 wrote: »
    I don't see why all the fuss either. There's far more exuberant celebrations accepted in lesser events and if you's in the World Champs being pumped up for that is pretty much a necessary requirement. Biggest stage in the world for any player, even if it's only Round 1 and you're sat in an armchair watching it on the telly.

I very much doubt that Lisa Ashton had a problem with it either (perhaps just not used to it but she's experienced enough to know it's gonna happen). It's great to see ladies in the event again but equal = equal and ladies darts won't progress if the male players are somehow expected to make exceptions for them.

I didn’t have a problem with it at all but I did think he was really stupid to do it, the crowd are like hyenas and they were only looking for a reason to get on his back, they didn’t need further encouragement

TbL

• Registered Users Posts: 16,005 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

I feel like an impostor in this thread: other than Dolan, I've never heard of any of the players featuring over the next three days...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,289 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

I feel like an impostor in this thread: other than Dolan, I've never heard of any of the players featuring over the next three days...

Gary Anderson tonight and Michael Van Gerwen (tomorrow) would be fairly well known within the darts world.

Advertisement