Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coming off housing list to move in with partner..

Options
  • 04-10-2018 11:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 21

Hi all,

I'm currently living alone and renting with the HAP scheme. I've been on the Social Housing list 7 and a half years.

Seven months ago I met someone and we've been having a wonderful relationship. She's just bought a house and has asked me to move in with her. If I do so I'll be cohabiting and I'm sure will lose my entitlement to stay on the housing list?

I know there is a housing crisis so taking myself off the list can only help others in that regard but on the other hand we've only been together for 7 months and if we break up or decide living together doesn't work..i'll have to start off on the housing list again...

Any advice?
    Tagged:

Advertisement