Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Leinster Vs Munster buildup

• 01-10-2018 10:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭

Munster haven't a chance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭davo2001

Munster haven't a chance.

As a Munster fan, I have to agree.

Leinster are just too good at the moment, the most I'm hoping for is that we give it a good go but I'd say Leinster will win by 14 points +.

Munsters away form has been shocking so far this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,199 ✭✭✭troyzer

Leinster Vs Leinster B*

Rassie will be effectively picking the Munster team this week with a view to testing out a few things against much of the Ireland squad in advance of next years RWC quarter final.

kPMX9IO.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 16,667 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Both sides were almost full strength for last weekends interpros. So I guess we'll see weaker starting XV's for this one.

Might actually be better for Munster seeing as their full strength side usually uses to Leinster. Give a shot to the lads that aren't proven chokers.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 154 ✭✭iminterestd0

Leinster to put out mixed team, no Sexton?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,175 ✭✭✭✭Buer

What sort of teams are we expecting from Munster?

I'd imagine something along the lines of a pretty typical selection for them...Loughman, Marshall, Parker, Kleyn, Beirne, Botha, Cloete, Stander, Matthewson, Keatley, Haley Taute, Arnold, Conway, Carbery.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭Mookie Blaylock

Buer wrote: »

I'd imagine something along the lines of a pretty typical selection for them...Loughman, Marshall, Parker, Kleyn, Beirne, Botha, Cloete, Stander, Matthewson, Keatley, Haley Taute, Arnold, Conway, Carbery.

Can't see Carbery playing... Conway at FB and Sweets perhaps on the wing

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭davo2001

Can't see Carbery playing...

Why not? If anything you would think he has something to prove.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭Mookie Blaylock

davo2001 wrote: »
    Why not?

Nothing to do with it being Leinster, but think he'll be rested and Keats get the start...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,515 ✭✭✭arsebiscuits1

Leinster to put out mixed team, no Sexton?

Can't see Sexton playing at all. 6 day turnaround to Wasps so will be tricky selection.

McGrath Tracy Porter
    Molony Ryan
    SOB Deegan Leavy
    JGP Byrne
    Henshaw ROL
    Byrne D Kearney McFadden
    Byrne Byrne Bent Kearney Doris McCarthy Frawley Tomane

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 40,967 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

think this will be the leinster line up:

C O Brien, C O Brien, C O Brien
    C O Brien, C O Brien, C O Brien, C O Brien
    C O Brien

C O Brien, C O Brien
    C O Brien

maybe seanie will be on the bench.....

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

sydthebeat wrote: »
    think this will be the leinster line up:

C O Brien, C O Brien, C O Brien
    C O Brien

C O Brien, C O Brien
    C O Brien

Ah, so he is a winger.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

Can't see Carbery playing... Conway at FB and Sweets perhaps on the wing

This is what JVG said last week before the Ulster game.

http://www.the42.ie/munster-johann-van-graan-ulster-team-selection-4258347-Sep2018/
    “One or two guys will still be 50/50 for the side this weekend but once we get to next week, we’re going to stick to our best team. It’s a massive block of games for us, it’s no different to any other year, every year the start of Europe is huge, the inter-pros are huge"

Unless he's telling porkies, then Munster will be full strength.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Bridge93

Subs bench rumored to include Hart, a fit again TB and Wooton

I think we'll actually see a relatively strong Munster side coming to town. POM won't start, I imagine. But outside of that I wouldn't rule anyone out. Stander and Earls haven't had a tonne of game time thus far. Then guys like Carbery and Beirne aren't really critical players for Ireland. The Irish set up might want Carbery playing this game as a real test.

I can see 10-12 of Munster's first choice side starting this.

As for Leinster, I can see a pretty strong side taking the field. McGrath would be a huge boost at loosehead but I don't see it happening. Aside from that, I think we'll see a lot of regulars starting:

Dooley, Tracy, Porter, Fardy, Ryan, SOB, Leavy, Deegan, JGP, Byrne, McFadden, Henshaw, ROL, Tomane, DK.

This is what JVG said last week before the Ulster game.

http://www.the42.ie/munster-johann-van-graan-ulster-team-selection-4258347-Sep2018/
    “One or two guys will still be 50/50 for the side this weekend but once we get to next week, we’re going to stick to our best team. It’s a massive block of games for us, it’s no different to any other year, every year the start of Europe is huge, the inter-pros are huge"

Unless he's telling porkies, then Munster will be full strength.

That would make it even more embarassing when they get trashed by the Leinster academy.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Pending today's squad update, I expect something like this:

Cronin, Scannell, Archer, Kleyn, Beirne, Botha, Cloete, Stander;
    Mathewson, Keatley, Earls, Scannell, Arnold, Conway, Haley

KOB, Kilcoyne, Scott, Holland, POM, Williams, Carbery, Sweetnam

As Buer says, maybe they can stretch Carbery's pitchtime to include another start as he might get two weeks off after Chicago?

Full strength Munster?

Surefire Leinster win.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

It’s always nice to get a run out against the development province, see how the ex academy guys are getting on.

stephen_n wrote: »
    It’s always nice to get a run out against the development province, see how the ex academy guys are getting on.

Was just thinking that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,118 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

stephen_n wrote: »

https://twitter.com/NiallXOBrien/status/1046638627965620224?s=19

Leinster's most recent injury update says Jack McGrath and Dan Leavy are back in full training. I guess both will start on Saturday as neither have played this season bar Leavy's 20 minutes against the Dragons. James Ryan has completed the return to play protocols so he might start as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,375 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Suspect we'll see a Leavy, O'Brien & Deegan back row for Leinster.

AdamD wrote: »
    Suspect we'll see a Leavy, O'Brien & Deegan back row for Leinster.

1. McGrath
    2. Tracy
    3. Porter
    4. Molony
    5. Ryan
    6. SOB
    7. Leavy
    8. Deegan

Maybe?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,617 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

I'm looking forward to some comedy moustaches and double barrelled names ideally.

1. McGrath
    2. Tracy
    3. Porter
    4. Molony
    5. Ryan
    6. SOB
    7. Leavy
    8. Deegan

Maybe?

Fardy has been rested for a couple of games already. If he doesn't play on Saturday, he'll be doing into the HEC with one appearance in almost a month. He's also likely to only bench in one of the European games.

I'd expect him to start with Ryan.

1. McGrath
    2. Tracy
    3. Porter
    4. Molony
    5. Ryan
    6. SOB
    7. Leavy
    8. Deegan

Maybe?

Fardy has been rested for a couple of games already. If he doesn't play on Saturday, he'll be doing into the HEC with one appearance in almost a month. He's also likely to only bench in one of the European games.

I'd expect him to start with Ryan.

Can see that as well. Take him off at half-time when we're fifty points clear.

which former Leinster outhalf will start at 10 for Munster?

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭baaba maal

I see what you did there!

• Advertisement

baaba maal wrote: »
    I see what you did there!

GO SOUTH DUBFRICA!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement