Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Vrt late payment

• 26-09-2018 5:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Can anyone tell me what the late payment penalty for my vintage Car would be, its here 300days approx, due to paperwork problems, eventually ending up getting a cert of permanent export last week..
    The vrt is a flat rate of €200 but I can't work out the % bit.. Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

0.1% of the VRT X days late.

20c a day.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 bsaarmybike

20c a day.

Many thanks, I kept getting 2€ per day, I nearly had a cardiac moment.. 😠Phew

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭mattroche

I would think there will be no penalty. I have been in that position several times, and penalty was never mentioned. It may come down to who you meet in the N.C.T. centre who is going to clear the car for you, but at the end off the day, the VRT is E200.

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭Tommyboy40

I was over a year late vrt'ing the Smart and the fine as less than the tax i would have paid for that year!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,796 ✭✭✭Isambard

if you got an export cert of recent date, might that not indicate that the date on it is the date of entry? Be creative, go for it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭liam7831

20c a day.

I think it's more than that, mine was approx 90 days late and cost me around €220 March.

liam7831 wrote: »
    I think it's more than that, mine was approx 90 days late and cost me around €220 March.

100 days maybe?? That's exactly €20 (+ the original 200 = 220).

100 days maybe?? That's exactly €20 (+ the original 200 = 220).

No the fine was €220 on top of just over €2k vrt

No the fine was €220 on top of just over €2k vrt

Well if your VRT was 10+ times more than the classic rate of €200, of course your fine was higher too. The daily fine is 0.1% of the VRT.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭JabbaTheHut

Well if your VRT was 10+ times more than the classic rate of €200, of course your fine was higher too. The daily fine is 0.1% of the VRT.

Riddle me this. If I buy a classic that was imported, but never VRT'd, would I have to pay the 0.1% a day for all the years it was in the country on Uk reg plates, for example?

• Advertisement

Riddle me this. If I buy a classic that was imported, but never VRT'd, would I have to pay the 0.1% a day for all the years it was in the country on Uk reg plates, for example?

yes in throry

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭vjmcdonnell

If one was to buy say a ferry ticket for the car that had been in Ireland for a while would this be acceptable for import date?
    Just wondering what they use as proof of import.

If one was to buy say a ferry ticket for the car that had been in Ireland for a while would this be acceptable for import date?

I suppose there's a risk they have it all recorded already and might look on that as fraud.

I usually use boarding pass for proof rather than the booking receipt

I usually use boarding pass for proof rather than the booking receipt

he didn't buy the ticket yet and the car is already here, so unlikely to be boarding

• Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭Car99

Isambard wrote: »

I suppose there's a risk they have it all recorded already and might look on that as fraud.

What if youre truck driver buddy brought a car back from the UK for you as a favour how would you prove date of entry then?

Isambard wrote: »
    he didn't buy the ticket yet and the car is already here, so unlikely to be boarding

No sh1t Sherlock

Car99 wrote: »
    What if youre truck driver buddy brought a car back from the UK for you as a favour how would you prove date of entry then?

Is that what's happened?

Advertisement