Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bunny Carr

Options
  • 24-09-2018 2:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭

Bunny Carr passed away this weekend (RIP).  My Mother, who is in her 80's, was recalling a show he had on the telly where he would be interviewing young kids.  This lad was on telling Bunny how he lived on a farm, and had a horse as a pet.  Unfortunately the horse fell down a big hole at the end of the farm, and despite their best efforts they couldn't retrieve him.  So they called for the vet, and there was no option but to put the horse down with a 'humane killer' (i.e. gun).  "So they shot the horse in the hole?" says bunny.  "No, in the head" replied the youngster.

Couldn't help but laugh, maybe it's the way my elderly mother told it.  Bit like the BiBi Baskin poll me thinks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,293 ✭✭✭MonkieSocks

Teen Talk it was called.

Fair play to your'e Mother remembering that episode.

Great story and Mr Carr was a true gent, may he R.I.P

=(:-) Me? I know who I am. I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude (-:)=

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭Flipperdipper

Funny, the same storey was allegedly told to Paddy Crosby on "The School Around The Corner" several years earlier.:confused:

Advertisement