Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Civilian Big Brother UK 2018 (1)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,996 ✭✭✭Duck Soup

• Registered Users Posts: 5,776 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Ok I’m gonna give it a go this year!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,977 ✭✭✭wyrn

Rfrip wrote: »
    Ok I’m gonna give it a go this year!
    sjdzrSM.gif?noredirect

• Registered Users Posts: 5,776 ✭✭✭Rfrip

wyrn wrote: »
    sjdzrSM.gif?noredirect

Oh wryn where did you find the gif of me coming home from ep last Monday ;)

I felt cheated by the celeb one and I stopped watching it halfway so I’m ready to commit to this... I think :)

• Registered Users Posts: 922 ✭✭✭crustybla

Hopefully they'll have a couple of smokers in there and do the shopping tasks of old. Remember when they were on rations and the smokers wanted cigs?
    giphy.gif

By the way, I absorbed every post in the CBB thread with pure joy. Lots of lols from Crusty. I couldn't keep up and was watching show the following day. Good to see you're all in good form and some new clique thread members to keep the lols coming.:Dx

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,350 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

I recall one year they ran out of tobaco and they were trying to smoke banana skins but bb was having none of it. Am I dreaming or did that really happen?

I have no idea but it wouldn't surprise me!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,595 ✭✭✭Meauldsegosha

Kolido wrote: »
    I recall one year they ran out of tobaco and they were trying to smoke banana skins but bb was having none of it. Am I dreaming or did that really happen?

I remember that. BB had to tell them it wasn’t safe to smoke banana skins. :D

I hope they have some more physics tasks for them. I remember one task where the had to cycle 3000km on two exercise bikes. It meant they had to cycle 24 hours a day and cycle in shifts. I love these kind of tasks.

I also loved the tasks on series 3 when they had the rich and poor sides of the house. The housemates had to really compete in the tasks then.

Fantastic memories Meauld! Does anyone remember the one where they had to ignore stuff going on around them? I don't remember which year but it was ages ago, I think they had tourists going around the house and stuff like that and they had to pretend not to notice. Chr1st I hope we're not disappointed with this one lads.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,651 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Ah I can’t wait. Cause even if the show is sh!te you know the thread will still be class!

• Advertisement

I'm still recovering from Joe's eyeliner. Not a good look.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,595 ✭✭✭Meauldsegosha

The dance in service 2 gave us this classic moment.

https://youtu.be/68Cgt6KIXck

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,651 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

The dance in service 2 gave us this classic moment.

https://youtu.be/68Cgt6KIXck

I can’t stop watching him flip over....

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

Is this the last series? Haven't watched in years, not since that Tallafornia lad was on but if it's the last one I might tune in. Will be weird watching in Autumn but I like this scheduling better.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Haven't watched in years but think i will this time.
    Will it be on any of the Irish channels or do you need sky?

Whispered wrote: »
    Haven't watched in years but think i will this time.
    Will it be on any of the Irish channels or do you need sky?

It’s on virgin media two. Or 3e from the old days :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 28,928 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

eviltwin wrote: »
    Is this the last series? Haven't watched in years, not since that Tallafornia lad was on but if it's the last one I might tune in. Will be weird watching in Autumn but I like this scheduling better.

as it stands it looks like it may not be the last series. there have been murmers of it being so but there has been no definite confirmation so far. you should give it a go anyway.

shut down alcohol action ireland now! end MUP today!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

as it stands it looks like it may not be the last series. there have been murmers of it being so but there has been no definite confirmation so far. you should give it a go anyway.

Think I will although the age profile of the housemates is an issue for me, I don't know why the can't have a diverse mix like they do with CBB. I'm sure plenty of "old" people apply.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭BBFAN

eviltwin wrote: »
    Think I will although the age profile of the housemates is an issue for me, I don't know why the can't have a diverse mix like they do with CBB. I'm sure plenty of "old" people apply.

Totally agree, everyone saying the same on Twitter.

• Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭moonage

53 days! Glad that BB has gone back to his roots. No shams that have popped up on other shows. And a gay Irish farmer from Tipp. I'm sold

I think 53 days makes it the second shortest British BB.

BB 8 (2007) was 94 days!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭BazBox

Some great moments from old series there, especially the one that divided the house into rich and poor.

The best one for me was when Jason won, especially after he killer nominated some popular one what a legend!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Missymoohaa

I loved the naughty ones

I loved Rex in Big Brother 9 (until his girlfriend came in and it totally changed him, big mistake by BB at the time)

I also loved Marc O'Neill in BB16, that show was riveting, I couldn't miss it

Cameron almost killed it for me. I seem to remember they sent him to South Africa for a bit in order to find his missing personality, but no joy there I'm afraid.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭Jeff2

I hope JP gets back on boards just so he can keep Ann on her toes. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭forgodssake

Loved all the old BBS ! haven't watched last 3-4 yrs so I'm super excited for this year

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭buswankers

I loved the naughty ones

I loved Rex in Big Brother 9 (until his girlfriend came in and it totally changed him, big mistake by BB at the time)

I also loved Marc O'Neill in BB16, that show was riveting, I couldn't miss it

I still think Marc is my all time favourite contestant from BB - Loved how he rubbed everyone up the wrong way!! Found him hilarious. Then your wan Woodie came in & ruined him :mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭TommyGun2017

Agreed about Tallafornia Marc, such TV gold.

When he said to some young one “you’ve been slammed more times than a taxi door”, I nearly fell off the chair

• Registered Users Posts: 13,350 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

Everyone got their booze in for tomorrow night?

268059.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 14,239 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Will have to watch this at the start anyway as the Tipp lad was just a year behind me in my school

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,606 ✭✭✭✭skipper_G

buswankers wrote: »
    I still think Marc is my all time favourite contestant from BB - Loved how he rubbed everyone up the wrong way!! Found him hilarious. Then your wan Woodie came in & ruined him :mad::mad:

Marc was bloody fantastic telly, remember his argument with Danny the hardman

Advertisement