Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Club Championships 2018-19

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Jaden

There's no town in Corofin, it's a rural village. Corofin is made up of 2 half parishes

I was using the word town loosely. Still it's bigger than Belclare, which is essentially 3 buildings.

As for splitting? When someone mentions the need to split a team, then you know that team is doing something right.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭GalwayLurker

The village of Corofin? Pretty much the same size as Belclare village with a church, a pub, a shop and the GAA pitch. The surrounding villages stretch further than those around Belclare alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Jaden

The village of Corofin? Pretty much the same size as Belclare village with a church, a pub, a shop and the GAA pitch. The surrounding villages stretch further than those around Belclare alright.

How dare you!!

Belclare has a fine community center as well. Under-reporting the size of the place by 20%. For Shame. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

Sounds like some game going on between Ballyboden and Coolderry. Currently 5-25 to 4-25 in extra time.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Surely a new scoring record?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,498 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Patww79 wrote: »
    Sounds like some game going on between Ballyboden and Coolderry. Currently 5-25 to 4-25 in extra time.

In extra extra time. Finished level at end of regular extra time

KevIRL wrote: »
    In extra extra time. Finished level at end of regular extra time

Level again at 5-25 each going into the second half of extra extra time.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,498 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Level again at 5-25 each going into the second half of extra extra time.

And coolderry down to 13 men for that second period. Conal keaney red for ballyboden

Finished in favour of Boden 5-28 to 5-25, would love to have seen it.

20-82 scored in the Leinster semi's today. Think I might pop along to that final.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,014 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Open for correction, but surely Brian Carroll's 2-16 is a record tally for a team that lost?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭Bonniedog

Open for correction, but surely Brian Carroll's 2-16 is a record tally for a team that lost?

Must be close. Didn't Canning get some mad score against Cork about 8/9 years ago? Wasn't 2 - 16. 2 - 13 maybe.

Boden are making hard work of this!

Drew Dublin final after extra time. Won reply. Extra time against Clonkill and now two periods of extra time today. All in space of a month.

It's a bit mad too given all the hullaballoo about clubs that they run off county championships and provincials week after week practically for two months and then have three months to play the other two games. Ballygunner won't hurl again until February. Surely there is a case for having provincial finals after Christmas and not having multiple periods of extra time, exciting as they are in fairness,

• Registered Users Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭chinguetti

Folks, would anyone have a schedule or dates for the all the various provincial finals along with the semi final/final dates etc for all. I can find the provincial details but can't find for the life of me the semi and final details. Thanks

chinguetti wrote: »
    Folks, would anyone have a schedule or dates for the all the various provincial finals along with the semi final/final dates etc for all. I can find the provincial details but can't find for the life of me the semi and final details. Thanks

Where did you see the provincial details? I couldn't see anything for a venue or time for the Leinster hurling.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,357 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Where did you see the provincial details? I couldn't see anything for a venue or time for the Leinster hurling.
    Yeah ,nothing on the gaa site about where the ulster final is on ,probably omagh,

cjmc wrote: »
    Yeah ,nothing on the gaa site about where the ulster final is on ,probably omagh,

Who's in it, Gweedore and Scotstown?

Who's in it, Gweedore and Scotstown?

Yeah, so I'm guessing Omagh ? Irvinestown?

Yeah, so I'm guessing Omagh ?

Would seem about right to me anyway.

Edit - yeah it is. 14:00 in Healy Park. It's on Ulster.gaa.ie.

Always forget the provincial sites. The Leinster hurling is on in Carlow not Portlaoise. Hope they've grown some grass on it.

_

Would seem about right to me anyway.

Edit - yeah it is. 14:00 in Healy Park. It's on Ulster.gaa.ie.

Always forget the provincial sites. The Leinster hurling is on in Carlow not Portlaoise. Hope they've grown some grass on it.

_
    Went to the ulster site and still couldn't fin it !!

Went to the ulster site and still couldn't fin it !!

It's a weird site as you can't link the specific page but go to http://ulster.gaa.ie/fixtures-and-results/ and then pick the 2018 football senior club championship from the drop down menu at the top (8 down the list).

nf2ru0.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,113 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Big turn up for the books in that one. Great to see

• Registered Users Posts: 5,542 ✭✭✭giveitholly

Mushy wrote: »
    Big turn up for the books in that one. Great to see

Great win for columbas

Great stuff, that's what it's all about. Was enjoyable enough to watch for such a mistake riddled game too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭thesultan

Great win for columbas
    Great win alright but would they kick the odd ball?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Always_Running

Results like that is further proof that the club game is alive and well. Congrats St columbas deserving winners who never stopped believing. The Dublin champs beaten by teams from Wicklow and Longford the last two years some contrast from the county game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Astonishing achievement, that. Well from the outside anyway. Has their been a bigger coup in respect to club size in a Leinster (or even any province) before? Excuse me if this has been discussed?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,867 ✭✭✭downthemiddle

Astonishing achievement, that. Well from the outside anyway. Has their been a bigger coup in respect to club size in a Leinster (or even any province) before? Excuse me if this has been discussed?

Mount Leinster winning a hurling title is probably the best comparison.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭spurshero

Caltra winning all Ireland in 2004 I say . Tiny village as well. To put it in comparison there after being relegated from senior

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭manofwisdom

Great stuff by the Longford men. I was especially impressed by their full blooded defending and how they kept the talented Paul Mannion scoreless from play.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭TCM

That's a staggering result for the Longford champions. Congratulations

Advertisement