Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Club Championships 2018-19

167891012»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

feargale wrote: »
    So Black folks have a right to take offence but others don't? You do realise that there are bigger issues in the Glens of Antrim than colour.

Obnoxiousness won't make others better. There is nothing manly or toughened up about meanness from people who are better with their mouths than with their muscle.

They're a few words. Goes on in some shape or form all over the country. Having a little cry to the media about it doesn't make his 'plight' any tougher.

What you do there is win and laugh in their face, if you're able to.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,786 ✭✭✭Happyilylost

They're a few words. Goes on in some shape or form all over the country. Having a little cry to the media about it doesn't make his 'plight' any tougher.

I lost count of the amount of players that I marked that had slept with my sister.... made sense why my parents got rid of her since I thought I only had two brothers....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭feargale

What you do there is win and laugh in their face, if you're able to.

Oh indeed it does go on allover the country, like the inter-county footballer who was jibed about his brother's suicide. That makes it right? It's not a cry to the media. Nobody is crying. It's called outing the ignorant bastards.
    If it stopped at a player teasing an opponent after outwitting him to steal a score that would be a few words. Your use of "a few words" is an attempt to sanitise scumbag behaviour. I played alot many years ago and never experienced it. I can only conclude that it's part of a latter-day cheapening of society.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭feargale

I lost count of the amount of players that I marked that had slept with my sister.... made sense why my parents got rid of her since I thought I only had two brothers....

Lovely family. Classy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭Powerhouse

If it was monkey noises toward a black player, for example, I could fully understand the outrage. Honestly though? this type of sledging surely shouldn't warrant such a public outcry??? its painfully pathetic stuff. That St Thomas player should really try harder

You could fully understand the outrage if it were a racist matter but that’s because society has conditioned you to think this way. Maybe 30 years you’d have thought black people needed to toughen up and get over the monkey noises.

I think sledging generally should always warrant such an outcry whether that is a black player or a (to recall one someone told me about the other day from an inter-county game) guy whose cancer-suffering sister is apparently still “gagging” for it in the hospital bed. Not sure any of it adds to the game or that those dishing it out should actually work harder on their insults. Why not just get on with the game?

• Advertisement

feargale wrote: »
    So Black folks have a right to take offence but others don't? You do realise that there are bigger issues in the Glens of Antrim than colour.

Fair enough, I just think the barb aimed is absolutely pathetic but i suppose you have to be in the recipient's shoes before you know how effective it is

The comment was out of order dont get me wrong

Advertisement