Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Illegal Rave in Ireland

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Stab*City

If you know all the djs in the region maybe they could get you clued up on how to go about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭radioguru02

Stab*City wrote: »
    If you know all the djs in the region maybe they could get you clued up on how to go about it.

Which they have, it was just a thought that I’m probably not going to run too much further with given the responses I got from them

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭dartboardio

Yes op!

Definitely. A few months ago this girl I know ran a couple of secret events that'd go on until whenever everyone was ready to finish, one in a derelict warehouse/building in dublin city centre, we paid her a tenner and she got a busload of us up and there was about 200 people there until 8am.

Another one then on a beach outside of Waterford in the summer, went on until 1pm the next day.

The difficult thing is it's hard to advertise these things, unless you go through friends of friends etc

Whoever said anything about 'go to college, you'll find the raves' above HA! not a chance, Last year when I was in college I'd play 'underground' music or 'decent' music as I'd say and they'd laugh and say whats that ****?

College is not the place for underground raves.

Yes op!

Definitely. A few months ago this girl I know ran a couple of secret events that'd go on until whenever everyone was ready to finish, one in a derelict warehouse/building in dublin city centre, we paid her a tenner and she got a busload of us up and there was about 200 people there until 8am.

Another one then on a beach outside of Waterford in the summer, went on until 1pm the next day.

The difficult thing is it's hard to advertise these things, unless you go through friends of friends etc

Whoever said anything about 'go to college, you'll find the raves' above HA! not a chance, Last year when I was in college I'd play 'underground' music or 'decent' music as I'd say and they'd laugh and say whats that ****?

College is not the place for underground raves.

Thank you dartboardio :) sent you a PM
    I was unaware of the beach rave TBH, was it well-run, DJ’s etc? I live in a little village outside Dungarvan, as you may be aware Dungarvan has f*** all, I guess I assumed most areas of rural Ireland were the same, they were the types of places I was referring to in my original post, although I wasn’t very clear

• Registered Users Posts: 7 opiusevents

Stab*City wrote: »

Loving this, grand set up!

• Advertisement

Well, done a bit of investigation and am quite surprised to say the least
    It seems the lack of after-hour activity only exists in Waterford (most of the time) and some of the more rural counties. Nevertheless still no raves, legal or otherwise, here in Dungarvan!
    Glad to see the scene is alive and well in Clare and some other rural counties

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭dartboardio

Maybe its about getting 'in' with the people of that scene.

Like underground music, go to techno events make some friends, those lads seem to be throwing similar shindigs semi regularly

Last night there was one out in bunmahon until the early hours.

Theres an event running in central arts on the 19th july and 20th and 16th august, byob, techno etc

You may make some friends there that might have something coming up

Maybe its about getting 'in' with the people of that scene.

Like underground music, go to techno events make some friends, those lads seem to be throwing similar shindigs semi regularly

Last night there was one out in bunmahon until the early hours.

Theres an event running in central arts on the 19th july and 20th and 16th august, byob, techno etc

You may make some friends there that might have something coming up

Oh yeah, I’d imagine the CA crews would have the odd afters alright
    It was partially an idea for a business venture in one sense tbh, I never really realised how widespread it was as a concept over here in this day and age until recently
    My focus has changed with research and I’m now concentrating on bringing more drum n bass and related genres to the region, unlike techno it’s something I’m passionate about and have a good knowledge of and if I lose all I spend we’ll all hopefully have had a good night!
    I admit that originally I was at least set on covering my costs so I thought house and/or tech were vital. but at ‘enda day i’s about da luv init :D

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭caff

I’m aware that there are a couple out there; do you have names for the ones you mentioned? Are they publicised?

They are publicsed to idiots who don't post about them on boards or other social media for the authorities to monitor you muppet

caff wrote: »
    They are publicsed to idiots who don't post about them on boards or other social media for the authorities to monitor you muppet

Chill pill bruv, I’m not expecting people to give names where they don’t wish to have them published

• Advertisement

Mods - can I request that the thread title be changed to ‘After-hour Rave in Ireland’ please? Thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭kg703

I got invited to an underground metal rave in Berlin in Jan of this year. What a great night. Just was randomly walking into a rock nightclub and a girl stopped us and said don’t go in there it’s terrible, I explained we were tourists and would love her advice, she said follow me. Have still yet to get an invite in Ireland :D even coming from the likes of dance clubs.

Now if anyone is running anything like that PM the crap out of me please. I remember the twisted pepper did a few rock / dance mix events and they were class.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭Yester

Follow the balloons....

kg703 wrote: »
    I got invited to an underground metal rave in Berlin in Jan of this year. What a great night. Just was randomly walking into a rock nightclub and a girl stopped us and said don’t go in there it’s terrible, I explained we were tourists and would love her advice, she said follow me. Have still yet to get an invite in Ireland :D even coming from the likes of dance clubs.

Now if anyone is running anything like that PM the crap out of me please. I remember the twisted pepper did a few rock / dance mix events and they were class.

Yeah, Berlin’s the place I’d say

Advertisement