Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Clerical Officer 2018 in Revenue - Customs Trade Facilitation

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34 olly2018

I think I raised the interview question based purely on an error in the booking form where above the time selection it asked that you book time for an interview, rather than test time.

The documentation sent makes it clear that candidates will receive an invitation to interview based on the score achieved in stage 2.

I think they may use the same forms for booking both interviews and tests and they simply did not change the text in the booking form.

Does anyone know if the testing center permits bottled water or supply water? Also, do they supply earplugs?

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Nynaeve

Yes that's make prefect sense but you presuming that order of interview matters, it doesn't. They set the qualifying standard for the assessment questionnaire so they already decided who and how many are going to stage 2. they could simply say "we interview all candidates from stage 2 that meet the qualifying standard".

After all it doesn't matter if the guy from Friday ends up number 60 in the order of merit if he failed to pass interview hes gone anyway

The order of interview matters only because why waste time interviewing the top 20 from friday, if they are all going to be ranked lower than people who sit the test Saturday. I get your point that because the interviews are pass/fail it doesn't matter what order they're conducted in though. My point is only that to decide who to interview, they have to assign an OOM which can only be done after everyone has sat the test.

And as Olly pointed out, it's all a moot point. The interviews will be conducted at a later date.

I enjoyed the debate though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Paddy2018

what is a good OOM?
    Does anyone know how many vacancies there actually is?
    Debating with myself whether a top 100 OOM is worth the trip to Dublin to do the stage 2 test.
    I'm (only) guessing here what the vacancy numbers might turn out to be: Hardly much more than maybe 30 in Cork, 20 in Rosslare and 50 in Dublin?
    Although you could probably double these numbers in the event of a no deal Brexit.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Em mag

Paddy2018 wrote: »
    what is a good OOM?
    Does anyone know how many vacancies there actually is?
    Debating with myself whether a top 100 OOM is worth the trip to Dublin to do the stage 2 test.
    I'm (only) guessing here what the vacancy numbers might turn out to be: Hardly much more than maybe 30 in Cork, 20 in Rosslare and 50 in Dublin?
    Although you could probably double these numbers in the event of a no deal Brexit.

It was in the paper that there was going to be 700 customs officer employed , if I were you I would go and sit it as not everyone doing it will pass , some may not turn up and then if the people who did pass are called to stage 3 and fail the interview people will be moved up , so
    It’s worth going and been on the panel anyway as you are in a good position I am in the high nineties and hoping it goes well

Em mag wrote: »
    It was in the paper that there was going to be 700 customs officer employed , if I were you I would go and sit it as not everyone doing it will pass , some may not turn up and then if the people who did pass are called to stage 3 and fail the interview people will be moved up , so
    It’s worth going and been on the panel anyway as you are in a good position I am in the high nineties and hoping it goes well

Here is another article about how many people will be hired hopfully it’s true

https://www.google.ie/amp/www.thejournal.ie/ireland-customs-veterinary-brexit-4135182-Jul2018/%3famp=1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Skip13

Here is another article about how many people will be hired hopfully it’s true

https://www.google.ie/amp/www.thejournal.ie/ireland-customs-veterinary-brexit-4135182-Jul2018/%3famp=1

Thanks for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭lfcsean101

Just got a message from public jobs outlining top middle and third positions a such,heart skipped a beat thought it was something a little more

• Registered Users Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭CZ 453

They must've had a lot of enquiries about the scoring. I'd say the amount applying was huge. The Garda recruitment released the same info. People in the top third didn't get called for stage 2 as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,598 ✭✭✭shmeee

lfcsean101 wrote: »
    Just got a message from public jobs outlining top middle and third positions a such,heart skipped a beat thought it was something a little more

At least it is some feedback, I'm middle 3rd, taught I'd be on the lower tier.

Average score of 502.

Category A
    Top Third
    552 or above

Category B
    Middle Third
    480 - 551

Category C
    Lower Third
    314-479

• Registered Users Posts: 35 fungijay

Got the feedback email, doesn't really help you gauge if you came close or not, would have been more helpful informing us how many were called to stage 2 in each place.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

I got my feedback score of 402 putting me in the lower third.

I would literally love to know what they're looking for. I thought my answers were quite sensible and honest and I thought reasonable. I'm dumbfounded that I'm in the lower third at the age of 36 having been in the workforce since the age of 18. I'm I that off the ball after all????

Good luck to everyone sitting the test today , my nerves are gone for my one tomorrow :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,804 ✭✭✭billie1b

Start practising your maths folks, multiplication, division, precentages etc, my job im in at the moment is maths based and I reckon I only answered 75% of the questions. I don’t think I did too great.

• Registered Users Posts: 917 ✭✭✭Vologda69

My sister said the same. She was traumatised by some question on flowers. Said it was very poorly phrased.

Vologda69 wrote: »
    My sister said the same. She was traumatised by some question on flowers. Said it was very poorly phrased.

Yes have to agree, most the questions have too much unneeded information that takes 2 or 3 times to break it down to what you need and then work the questions. Bit of a poor format to be honest

• Registered Users Posts: 6,593 ✭✭✭DoctaDee

Anyone else find the target 48 questions in 8 minutes for the error checking test completely unrealistic to finish in the allotted time? - I managed the 1st 2 tests without too much hassle but barely got into question 30 in the fact checking.

DoctaDee wrote: »
    Anyone else find the target 48 questions in 8 minutes for the error checking test completely unrealistic to finish in the allotted time? - I managed the 1st 2 tests without too much hassle but barely got into question 30 in the fact checking.

I have been doing that checking practice one and have only got to answer 34 but get 32 right so it the accuracy more so I think as long as you answered over 22 I think and you need 15 to pass it I am dreading my test tomorrow

billie1b wrote: »
    Start practising your maths folks, multiplication, division, precentages etc, my job im in at the moment is maths based and I reckon I only answered 75% of the questions. I don’t think I did too great.

Oh god I am dreading tomorrow I am sorry now I did not pick today to get it over with

• Registered Users Posts: 6,593 ✭✭✭DoctaDee

I have been doing that checking practice one and have only got to answer 34 but get 32 right so it the accuracy more so I think as long as you answered over 22 I think and you need 15 to pass it I am dreading my test tomorrow

Yeah that was my outlook too, accuracy over speed - from prior experience you need to identify all the errors on any particular dataset, highlighting only 2 of 3 errors for example will result in a wrong answer with no credit for the errors you do identify.

Best of luck tomorrow..

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Hopperman88

DoctaDee wrote: »

I don't think anyone could finnish the 48 questions. Overall I thought the test was harder than I expected especially the maths. I found the practice test much easier

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Grumpycat

Hey! Were any of ye lads and ladies at today’s 11 sitting? Brutal!

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭gizmo23

Has anyone else used the SHL and cut-e practice tests in numerical and verbal reasoning.

I was assuming these would be far more like the actually tests then the actual practice tests sent out in the email.

• Registered Users Posts: 917 ✭✭✭Vologda69

gizmo23 wrote: »
    Has anyone else used the SHL and cut-e practice tests in numerical and verbal reasoning.

I was assuming these would be far more like the actually tests then the actual practice tests sent out in the email.

Sister said verbal and checking were about the same as the practice ones. It is the latter numerical questions that were much more difficult. Bear in mind the checking bit (48 questions in 8 mins) only allows you ten seconds per question, to check 5 sets of data!!! Enough to give anyone high blood pressure

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭gizmo23

Vologda69 wrote: »
    Sister said verbal and checking were about the same as the practice ones. It is the latter numerical questions that were much more difficult. Bear in mind the checking bit (48 questions in 8 mins) only allows you ten seconds per question, to check 5 sets of data!!! Enough to give anyone high blood pressure

Yeah the checking will be a tight one. Best of luck to your sister and to everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭greenb

Only consolation, most people looked at least equally shattered as I did after that checking sprint!!....8 mins!!!

Grumpycat wrote: »
    Hey! Were any of ye lads and ladies at today’s 11 sitting? Brutal!

Yes me, horrendous

greenb wrote: »
    Only consolation, most people looked at least equally shattered as I did after that checking sprint!!....8 mins!!!

How many do you need to complete and get right to pass do they say or give any idea it’s unrealistic amount of time is that to see how you perform under pressure

How many do you need to complete and get right to pass do they say or give any idea it’s unrealistic amount of time is that to see how you perform under pressure

I understand you need to get 22 correct to pass. Problem is there are 5 parts to each question and you only need to one part incorrect to fail the question.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Daisy_32

Sounds horrendous

• Advertisement

Anyone know if all three tests go towards the OOM? I believe for some competitions you just need to pass all 3 but only the verbal test counts towards OOM?

Advertisement