Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Clerical Officer 2018 in Revenue - Customs Trade Facilitation

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭Plasandrunt

Download the form then actually open up your download folder and open it up from there

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Bretty

Hello all,

Will they be having the interviews country wide or do you think that they will be held in Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭November Golf

Davio wrote: »
    Does anyone know what the shift pattern will be for this job? Also, would one be required to wear a uniform?

What exactly do you mean by shift pattern?

In the booklet it says outside Dublin you are on a 16/7 shift pattern, in Dublin it maybe 24/7. In short if your based in Dublin you may be asked to start any hour of the day and finish 8 to 12 hours later but that is dependant on operational requirements.

Dublin Airport is not going to be the same as Dublin Port etc.

also it says in the booklet wearing a uniform will be a requirement of the job.

I don't drive, will that be held against me?

There is no requirement in the booklet that you must hold a driving licence or that you need to have your own transport so they cant hold it against you as long as you are able to attend your assigned location <this would be something to consider after you get through interview and are offered a job>.

Bretty wrote: »
    Hello all,

Will they be having the interviews country wide or do you think that they will be held in Dublin.

I dont know who exactly will be conducting the interview but in general Revenue and Public Appointment Service hold interview in Dublin.

Revenue in Dublin Castle & Public Appoint in Charter House Upper Abbey Street opps. Javis St Shopping Centre.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 35 fungijay

First time I ever applied for civil service job, anybody know the average turnaround time between applying, online testing, interviews and job offers?
    In Faq it says expected time line should be in the booklet, but the booklet only outlines the process.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,804 ✭✭✭billie1b

fungijay wrote: »
    First time I ever applied for civil service job, anybody know the average turnaround time between applying, online testing, interviews and job offers?
    In Faq it says expected time line should be in the booklet, but the booklet only outlines the process.

Could be anything from a couple of months to a couple of years, depends on your merit order placement, interview and how many trainees they can take at any one time

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭tringle

If its the same as regular CO comps then.next stage is online assessment in a few weeks, then another two weeks or so for results and order of merit. Then top group get called for aptitude tests and interviews, but yep, could be up to a two year process

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Skip13

The above advice is correct but will say that like other competitions the panel is formed for a two year period and so if you're not in the first group called you may be called later on so its best to roll with the process.

• Advertisement

Stage 1 has commmenced. Its an assessment questionnaire due next Tuesday @ 1pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭tringle

Yep, that was quick.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Em mag

Just done the online assessment so fingers crossed , said will hear early October , just glad the 1st part is over and hopefully I passed , good luck to everyone doing it

• Registered Users Posts: 45 VECTRON

just completed the online assessment as well

best of luck to anyone that has applied, first time applying for a civil service job too!

VECTRON wrote: »
    just completed the online assessment as well

best of luck to anyone that has applied, first time applying for a civil service job too!

It’s my first time applying as well , just hope I get past this stage , can’t belive I feel nervous about it lol 😂

Em mag wrote: »
    It’s my first time applying as well , just hope I get past this stage , can’t belive I feel nervous about it lol ��

best of luck mate!

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭corkonian41

Hi Folks, any links to the booklet. Tks in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭Samjd

Hi Folks, any links to the booklet. Tks in advance.
    It doesn’t seem to be available anymore. There is a good bit of info on the post on page one of this thread, was it something in particular you wanted to know?

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Sophia Petrillo

Just completed the questionnaire also. Heres hoping.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭corkonian41

Hi Samjd, just wanted to confirm It's a permanent position and not a fixed term contract?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭Samjd

Hi Samjd, just wanted to confirm It's a permanent position and not a fixed term contract?

I think it’s a 2 year contract. The posts were referred to in a radio interview the other day talking about Brexit and if there was a deal done would these posts still be required, the answer was yes but if there was a deal they would need less people but still a significant number. He definitely said it was a two year contract but not sure if the post did when advertised. :)

Samjd wrote: »
    It doesn’t seem to be available anymore. There is a good bit of info on the post on page one of this thread, was it something in particular you wanted to

The booklet is now not available but if you check your message board on public jobs there is details about the assessment

Samjd wrote: »
    I think it’s a 2 year contract. The posts were referred to in a radio interview the other day talking about Brexit and if there was a deal done would these posts still be required, the answer was yes but if there was a deal they would need less people but still a significant number. He definitely said it was a two year contract but not sure if the post did when advertised. :)

It said in the booklet it was a 3 year contract with a possibility of another 2 years after that , if not then you would be put in another section after the 3 years so you still have a job , though you would lose the shift allowance but your basic pay will rise every year so not so bad

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭greenb

Does anybody know do you have to finish the stage 1 assessment questionnaire in one go or can you partially finish it and then go back to it later?......thanks.

greenb wrote: »
    Does anybody know do you have to finish the stage 1 assessment questionnaire in one go or can you partially finish it and then go back to it later?......thanks.

I didn't see any option to save your progress or draft version, so think you need to complete it in one go

greenb wrote: »

Although its not advisable, I do believe you can & that your responses to questions are automatically saved as you progress through each page.

The AQ takes about 1 hour to complete.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Niniwx1

Was the online assessment difficult?

• Registered Users Posts: 29 DarceyEllie

Just completed stage 1. best of luck to all. It wasn't difficult just tricky I suppose and you don't really know the right or wrong answer in some scenarios presented.

The (Stage 1 - Assessment Questionnaire) test will close at 1pm (Today) Tuesday the 18th September 2018.

As per the booklet, you must have fully completed and submitted the questionaire by 1pm to be considered for next stage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭lfcsean101

completed mine last night.did people get emails conforming it was completed ?

Advertisement