Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Items for sale

Options
  • 28-08-2018 12:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27,031 ✭✭✭✭

Hey all,

apologies Mods if this is inappropriate but I didn't see anything in the charter about it.

I have a load of woodworking (and general DIY) tools that I need to sell for my mother (they were all my dads)

Where do you guys normally buy/sell secondhand stuff?

I have everything from a table saw, band saw to planer/thicknesser to a couple of lathes (inc tools) and then all the sundry stuff like a couple of routers, biscuit machines (and 8 million biscuits!), mitre saw, jig saw, circular saw.

Most of the big stuff is Scheppach and the smaller tools are Black & Decker.

They were expensive at the time but are probably 15 years old now, is there any value to them and if so, where would you recommend I try to sell them?

I also have pieces (maybe 36 x 4 x 6) of some nice hardwood that would have been used for turning etc, are they saleable or just something you would throw in with a deal?

Cheers!
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭chillyspoon

Adverts.ie is probably the politically correct answer here on Boards! :) .. although you see just as much secondhand machinery and tools on Donedeal.

By the way, I've PM'd you with some contacts that might help with valuing the timber and I've only just noticed the "36" length in your dimensions so be sure to include that.

The species of timber will have a big impact on the value too, so if you're lost on that front post some photos and I'm sure lots of people here can help you identify them.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,057 Mod ✭✭✭✭kadman

You are welcome to put a link to your ad in Adverts.ie
    If you need advice on any part of what is for sale, then ask in this thread.

Keep all discussion on dealing with any prospective boards buyer to PM please,
    as its as private for you as them.

If you want to know whether you are pricing correctly, then ask here with your linked ad
    and you will get a few opinions no doubt

best of luck with your sale.
    kadman

Advertisement