Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wildcard 2018/19

Options

Comments

Yeah, it's tempting alright. It's just a few too many risks to be taking on the midfield, I feel. Quite possible that Pedro, Walcott, Schurrle, Pereyra could all end up firing blanks in the next few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Fabianski Hamer
    Laporte Gomez Luiz (wan bis) (bennet)
    Salah Hazard Pereyra Guendouzi Gundogan
    Aguero Kane Kamara

The big 4 but not much else!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

bohsman wrote: »
    Fabianski Hamer
    Laporte Gomez Luiz (wan bis) (bennet)
    Salah Hazard Pereyra Guendouzi Gundogan
    Aguero Kane Kamara

The big 4 but not much else!

Wan B, Bennett,Kamara and Salah ? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2 FunRun1990

A: Hazard, Milner, Neves and Fraser
    or
    B: Moura, Mkhitaryan, Walcott and Pererya

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭CSWS101

FunRun1990 wrote: »
    A: Hazard, Milner, Neves and Fraser
    or
    B: Moura, Mkhitaryan, Walcott and Pererya

Do you have to play 4 midfielders? Could maybe fit in Hazard, Fraser, Walcott/Mikey Ryan, 4.4/4.5 fodder

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,863 ✭✭✭Pogue eile

Amazing that everyone to a man has WanB but all have him on the bench, I have been incredibly impressed by both him and Palace's defence as a unit and I think everyne will have him as a starter by the end of October.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Pogue eile wrote: »
    Amazing that everyone to a man has WanB but all have him on the bench, I have been incredibly impressed by both him and Palace's defence as a unit and I think everyne will have him as a starter by the end of October.

After my wildcard is finalised I'll be starting him most weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

I am the same, I'm leaning towards two 4.0m defenders but playing Wan B permanently, especially with their good run of fixtures. I think he'll be one of the best value players come Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭The real mccoy 91

After a little tinkering I can make a nice team without salah but I'm hesitant

Foster hamer
    Alonso bavies mendy robbo wan b
    Mane hazard walcott mhki Fraser
    Kane Joselu Jimenez

Is a premium backline really the way to go this year?

I think a premium backline is my favourite looking team swapped aguero in for kane and will upgrade walcott I think but I think that team looks much better than what I am currently on

Fab hamer
    Taa wan b laporte Monreal Alonso
    Dilva mhki hazard mane Lucas
    Mitro aguero success

• Registered Users Posts: 38,064 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I'm of the opinion that there are three defenders at the present moment that are worth paying a premium for and they are Alonso, Mendy and Robertson.
    I think you get fodder St ye back with those, WanB in particular and you are all set in defense.
    Midfield is where it's at imo. You need to get the right midfield as that is where the differential is going to take place.
    I don't think anybody can afford Kane and Aguero up top so midfield is going to be the key.

• Advertisement

I am now leaning towards...

Patricio (Hamer)
    Mendy Alonso Robertson Shaw (Wan-B)
    Salah Hazard Mkhi (Neves) (Brooks)
    Aguero Mitrovic (Ings)

Where 1 out of the 'budget' 4 will play each week. I am still a little worried that this is too much money sitting on the bench and I'll inevitably make the wrong choice but I'm about .3m away from being able to downgrade one player and upgrade another to a worthy full time starter.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 FunRun1990

CSWS101 wrote: »
    Do you have to play 4 midfielders? Could maybe fit in Hazard, Fraser, Walcott/Mikey Ryan, 4.4/4.5 fodder

I have Salah, then Mitro, Kun and Zaha so would be playing 4 most weeks probably. Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,139 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

S.M.B. wrote: »
    I am now leaning towards...

Patricio (Hamer)
    Mendy Alonso Robertson Shaw (Wan-B)
    Salah Hazard Mkhi (Neves) (Brooks)
    Aguero Mitrovic (Ings)

Where 1 out of the 'budget' 4 will play each week. I am still a little worried that this is too much money sitting on the bench and I'll inevitably make the wrong choice but I'm about .3m away from being able to downgrade one player and upgrade another to a worthy full time starter.

Would a Shaw downgrade not open up a lot of options for your 4th mid spot? Might lead to a lot less selection headaches too.

PARlance wrote: »
    Would a Shaw downgrade not open up a lot of options for your 4th mid spot? Might lead to a lot less selection headaches too.
    Yeah, the Shaw downgrade is my big dilemma that I'm facing. Can do...

Shaw -> Bennett

Then

Neves -> Pereyra

Or

Neves -> Walcott
    Brooks -> 4.5m Mid

I still keep coming back to Shaw as I think United are going to vastly improve and Shaw will be very good value at 5.0. I am also second guessing Walcott as I'm about to discard him from my team for a 0.1m gain.

Have to make up my mind tonight because of Bennetts impending price rise.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 DaymanNightman

Just activated my wildcard, any advice appreciated! Players in Bold are the players I've brought in.

Kepa (Hamer)
    Bellerin, Pereira, Wan-B, Mendy (Bennett)
    Salah, Mkhitaryan, Neves, Pereyra, (Gunnarsson)
    Aguero, Kane, (King)

Going with Kepa because Chelsea have some nice upcoming fixtures so expecting some clean sheets. Hamer is the cheapest starting keeper and will likely just be on my bench anyway.

Arsenal have some great upcoming fixtures hence Bellerin. Leicester likewise have some nice fixtures coming up and Pereira seems to be played as more of a right midfielder than a defender in the opening couple of games. Wan-B and Mendy speak for themselves and Bennett is a bench foddler but is starting for Wovles and cheap so could be useful for a bench-boost week.

I wanted Salah, Aguero and Kane in my team so I'm keeping Salah right where he is. Arsenal's fixtures means Mkhi has good potential for points. Got Neves yesterday just before he went up in value so I'm happy with that and Pereyra seems to be one of the in form players. Gunnarsson will be back soon for Cardiff and is only 4.4 so was my only real option I could afford as I have 0 in the bank now.

Heavy up top now with Aguero and Kane and Bournemouth have some nice upcoming fixtures and King is on peno's so I thought he was a good option

Not sure how you could squeeze Kepa into your team but not have Alonso.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,863 ✭✭✭Pogue eile

S.M.B. I was just about to suggest downgrading Shaw to upgrade your keeper, Neves is fine as a fourth mid.

Upgrade Patricio or Hamer? I don't see much value in keepers above 4.5m. It's just about choosing the best 4.5 option.

I seem overly fond of Shaw at the moment. As mentioned elsewhere I am more tempted to downgrade Robertson to TAA.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,164 ✭✭✭Dearg81

Pogue eile wrote: »

I agree and I'm trying to pick a wildcard team that has him starting most weeks as I think in reality he's really a 4.5/5.0 defender with great fixtures and it allows you to improve the team in other areas. The problem for me is finding 4.5 defenders to bench instead of him as there isn't too many good options this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,515 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Dearg81 wrote: »

I agree and I'm trying to pick a wildcard team that has him starting most weeks as I think in reality he's really a 4.5/5.0 defender with great fixtures and it allows you to improve the team in other areas. The problem for me is finding 4.5 defenders to bench instead of him as there isn't too many good options this season.

Thinking of dropping a 4.5 for a 4.0 and "promoting" Wan. The other guy being 3rd sub.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,164 ✭✭✭Dearg81

dsmythy wrote: »
    Thinking of dropping a 4.5 for a 4.0 and "promoting" Wan. The other guy being 3rd sub.

Yea I might risk the Wolves lad Bennet but I already have Doherty who I think is a good price at 4.4.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

Dilva and Fraser or mhiki and Moura?

Also zaha over Tosun yeah? Even with no Walcott?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭Porthallian

kennyb3 wrote: »
    Dilva and Fraser or mhiki and Moura?

Also zaha over Tosun yeah? Even with no Walcott?

For me it's Moura, Mhky and Zaha.
    If you want Everton cover maybe have Walcott for Mhky.
    Tosun hasn't shown much so far

• Registered Users Posts: 11,276 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Views please

Cech
    Taa, Wan-Bis, Cook, Mendy
    Salah, David Silva, Walcott, Mkhitaryan
    Aguero, Auba

Hamer, Neves, Bennett, Success

Serious lack of Chelsea players. No alonso? No hazard?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

mdwexford wrote: »
    Views please

Cech
    Taa, Wan-Bis, Cook, Mendy
    Salah, David Silva, Walcott, Mkhitaryan
    Aguero, Auba

Hamer, Neves, Bennett, Success

I'm not an Arsenal fan but Cech should lose his spot imo. Will Hamer displace Lossl after IB?
    Team looks good. Lacks Chelsea perhaps but we can't have em all.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Right. Here we go. Settled on this:

Ryan (Button)
    Robbo Mendy Alonso Wan-B (Bennett)
    Salah Pedro Hazard Walcott Dilva
    Aguero (Kamara, Success)

£0.1m i.t.b.

4-5-1 obviously but i see myself moving to 4-4-2 soon. In the short term i really wanted Pedro and Walcott for their next 2 fixtures. Wan-B i'll likely play every week while Palace fixtures run good. Ryan is probably the most safe keeper to go for in terms of defensive prospects, he's nailed and no other budget keeper has as many favourable fixtures between now and gw15/16. Could have gone Hamer for £4.0m but he could easily be dropped so went the easier safe option with Button who is 2nd choice Brighton keeper.

Hazard is just super sexy. Was so good last week and i fancy him to just rip it up under Sarri. On pens. I fancy he'll be in most serious players teams soon. Alonso/Robbo/Mendy picks explain themselves. Salah i just couldn't go without :D Dilva i just like so much and i really feel he'll do well. Aguero, again, no need for explanation. Outfield bench is utter pants. Bennett at least is a starter for now. If he can hold his place he could prove value - decent Wolves fixtures upcoming. However, like i said, i see myself moving to 4-4-2 so that should be one extra outfield starter on my bench if and when that happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,064 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I've settled for this with 0 in the bank.

Begovic/Hennessy
    Alonso, Mendy, Robertson, WanB, Bennett
    Salah, Mane, Mikhtaryan, Pedro, Mendy
    Aguero, Mitrovic, Wilson

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

A lot of talk of Wildcarding during the international break, tempted to hold mine though till the 2nd one in October. From memory, can we still chase, and benifit from rises and falls in that one?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,196 ✭✭✭✭km79

manual_man wrote: »
    Right. Here we go. Settled on this:

Ryan (Button)
    Robbo Mendy Alonso Wan-B (Bennett)
    Salah Pedro Hazard Walcott Dilva
    Aguero (Kamara, Success)

£0.1m i.t.b.

4-5-1 obviously but i see myself moving to 4-4-2 soon. In the short term i really wanted Pedro and Walcott for their next 2 fixtures. Wan-B i'll likely play every week while Palace fixtures run good. Ryan is probably the most safe keeper to go for in terms of defensive prospects, he's nailed and no other budget keeper has as many favourable fixtures between now and gw15/16. Could have gone Hamer for £4.0m but he could easily be dropped so went the easier safe option with Button who is 2nd choice Brighton keeper.

Hazard is just super sexy. Was so good last week and i fancy him to just rip it up under Sarri. On pens. I fancy he'll be in most serious players teams soon. Alonso/Robbo/Mendy picks explain themselves. Salah i just couldn't go without :D Dilva i just like so much and i really feel he'll do well. Aguero, again, no need for explanation. Outfield bench is utter pants. Bennett at least is a starter for now. If he can hold his place he could prove value - decent Wolves fixtures upcoming. However, like i said, i see myself moving to 4-4-2 so that should be one extra outfield starter on my bench if and when that happens.

If aguero is rested any given week you could have no strikers and 10 players
    Rotation of himself and one or 2 more around champ league and you are in big trouble with that bench

Advertisement