Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Is it worth contacting head of department ?

• 16-08-2018 5:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

So I just finished by 1st year of Web Development. I was never good at math, that's why I went for Web Dev as it didn't require high math LC grade and because I really enjoyed the HTML/CSS/JS workflows, I was always into making it look nice and functional.

I passed all my subject but math, highest grade was from Web Development. But I failed both Math for Comp Science (by 1%) and Discrete Math.

I went to ALC and took private grinds before the repeats. I had my repeat in Math for Comp Science and I feel it went terrible.

Worst case scenario, is it worth contacting head of departament and trying too see if there is anyway I can progress to second year. Seeing that I passed everything else and will not have math for the rest of my 3 years ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭kevinbad2010

Guessing you took the pass by compensation option since one of your modules had a high enough score?, but yeah if you fail the repeat by less than 35% as that is the minimum to pass by compensation not sure why you didn't sort out the headache that way, otherwise you will be doing them modules in 2 year as well

Advertisement