Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

All things Mavic Air

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭madmoe

ozmo wrote: »
    Yeah - what's cooler though is - I like also not making a scene when flying - its so much quicker procedure when the drone comes in to you and you just pick it from the air fold it up as you walk on - shows anyone that might be watching you have control of it.

I agree, a touch of class! Sure Casey gets all his stuff for free and it's all wrecked....I'll be treating mine with kid gloves!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

• Registered Users Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭jogdish

MarkY91 wrote: »

within a few euro there are no deals, I think it might be 1017 on DJI ? But really it's always around that price unless its about to be retired. Go ahead.

jogdish wrote: »
    within a few euro there are no deals, I think it might be 1017 on DJI ? But really it's always around that price unless its about to be retired. Go ahead.

Cheers.

Would it be worth holding out until a possible Christmas sale? As I have a FIMI XE S8 2020 drone to do me for the time being if there's any possibility of a sale.

Cheers.

Would it be worth holding out until a possible Christmas sale? As I have a FIMI XE S8 2020 drone to do me for the time being if there's any possibility of a sale.

So I don't know anything and could be proved wrong, but in my experience I was in the same boat with the Air 1, I found a 'deal' on amazon france but the drone was out a good while and the deal was not that amazing.
    I would guess in the next 6 months you are unlikely to find a better deal.

Personally I wanted to buy one, but the EU thing and the CE cert stopped me, the price has not budged much since march. I think I will get one come the better day light hours. But I am expecting the price to be the same. It's one company that controls it, it's 954 on amazon DE right now, bit cheaper but not a while lot (after shipping)

• Advertisement

So I don't know anything and could be proved wrong, but in my experience I was in the same boat with the Air 1, I found a 'deal' on amazon france but the drone was out a good while and the deal was not that amazing.
    I would guess in the next 6 months you are unlikely to find a better deal.

Personally I wanted to buy one, but the EU thing and the CE cert stopped me, the price has not budged much since march. I think I will get one come the better day light hours. But I am expecting the price to be the same. It's one company that controls it, it's 954 on amazon DE right now, bit cheaper but not a while lot (after shipping)

I think I need to look into those rules you mentioned. I don't think they apply to my FIMI drone.

I think I need to look into those rules you mentioned. I don't think they apply to my FIMI drone.

Have a look here I posted about it since March I think, also Ian in London on youtube.

Just got my mavic air 2 turned on and it doesn't seem to work with a samsung s20+ or samsung s10.

When I connect then to the remote, the phone charges for a second then stops then starts again... Tried various cables.

Not a good first impression from a €1000 drone.

Just got my mavic air 2 turned on and it doesn't seem to work with a samsung s20+ or samsung s10.

When I connect then to the remote, the phone charges for a second then stops then starts again... Tried various cables.

I had the FIMI and the remote needed to be charged as well as the drone battery. Is it the same for the DJI remotes? I wonder is it out of charge?

Cheers,
    M

madmoe wrote: »
    I had the FIMI and the remote needed to be charged as well as the drone battery. Is it the same for the DJI remotes? I wonder is it out of charge?

Cheers,
    M

Both fully charged.

The girlfriends S10+ doesn't work neither. Facebook support and forums say that the S20+ isn't even supported which is just bizarre. A grand and they can't even get it to work on a 6 month old phone

• Advertisement

Both fully charged.

The girlfriends S10+ doesn't work neither. Facebook support and forums say that the S20+ isn't even supported which is just bizarre. A grand and they can't even get it to work on a 6 month old phone

WOW! I'm in shock mate, truly am! I will be using mine with my Note 20 Ultra but if that is a no go will have to go back to a Nexus 5x I have. I will be annoyed though!

Cheers,
    M

WOW! I'm in shock mate, truly am! I will be using mine with my Note 20 Ultra but if that is a no go will have to go back to a Nexus 5x I have. I will be annoyed though!

Cheers,
    M

Yeah it makes absolutely no sense. This should be an issue for people using a phone from 2015. Not a phone from 2020.

Yeah it makes absolutely no sense. This should be an issue for people using a phone from 2015. Not a phone from 2020.

I will be trying tomorrow with the two phones I mentioned above and will let you know.

M

I will be trying tomorrow with the two phones I mentioned above and will let you know.

M

Cheers!

The S10+ is compatible but I'm getting the same issue with that too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,840 ✭✭✭ozmo

Dunno - some ideas here or people who fixed it by shorter cables, reinstall app etc.

https://forum.dji.com/thread-215031-1-1.html

“Roll it back”

Dunno - some ideas here or people who fixed it by shorter cables, reinstall app etc.

https://forum.dji.com/thread-215031-1-1.html

Got it working last night with an older app. Nos it's back to not working anymore. Useless. I'll be returning it during the week.

Got it working last night with an older app. Nos it's back to not working anymore. Useless. I'll be returning it during the week.
    Think I was chatting to MarkY91 about prices, and how I never bought - wow as an S20(4g not + or anything) owner I am happy to have seen this! Insane a flagship phone from the top Android phone company is not perfect, my S8 was great with my original Air.

Think I was chatting to MarkY91 about prices, and how I never bought - wow as an S20(4g not + or anything) owner I am happy to have seen this! Insane a flagship phone from the top Android phone company is not perfect, my S8 was great with my original Air.

Yep it's bizarre. It's not the drone, just the app. It's just dumb and makes no sense to me. Why would a S20 be compatible but an S20+ be incompatible?

I'd expect this from my Chinese FIMI, not the leaders of the drone world.

Yep it's bizarre. It's not the drone, just the app. It's just dumb and makes no sense to me. Why would a S20 be compatible but an S20+ be incompatible?

Can you try a different phone...

“Roll it back”

Can you try a different phone...

I also used a samsung s10+

• Advertisement

I also used a samsung s10+

I read before Samsungs are problematic- something to the way they do their drivers different to everyone else.

Try all the suggestions on that link I posted. Enabling debug mode and shorter cables.

I had issues with two unused Samsung notes (3 and 8) i wanted to dedicate to it-
    Ended up getting a used ipad mini.

“Roll it back”

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,923 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I've noticed with my Note 20 Ultra that I've to have the cable a certain way around, which for a USB C cable is strange, try the cable both way around, also, maybe check what mode the USB is in the phone, you may have to enable developer options for that to work.

I read before Samsungs are problematic- something to the way they do their drivers different to everyone else.

Try all the suggestions on that link I posted. Enabling debug mode and shorter cables.

I had issues with two unused Samsung notes (3 and 8) i wanted to dedicate to it-
    Ended up getting a used ipad mini.

Which iPad did you get?

Which iPad did you get?

I got the IPad Mini 4 - 16Gb - as it was quite cheap on adverts. Screen is a great size and fits nicely in controller - very smooth video - should be well under 200 second hand. CEX has them sometimes for about 200.

https://ie.webuy.com/product-detail?id=sappipm4unl16ggc&categoryName=apple-ipad&superCatName=computing&title=apple-ipad-mini-4th-gen-%28a1550%29-7.9%22-16gb-gold-unlocked-c

More memory (32G or 64G) would definitely be better though so you can keep some some more footage -
    If you get the 16G version like I did make sure to turn off the IPad option to auto uninstall apps to save memory - its annoying when it uninstalls apps you need.

Says here it will work with IPad Mini 3rd gen (maybe not 2nd gen) - but I havn't tried that...

https://www.apple.com/us-hed/shop/accessories/all-accessories/drones?page=1&f=iphonese&fh=48c2%2B471d

“Roll it back”

I got the IPad Mini 4 - 16Gb - as it was quite cheap on adverts. Screen is a great size and fits nicely in controller - very smooth video - should be well under 200 second hand. CEX has them sometimes for about 200.

https://ie.webuy.com/product-detail?id=sappipm4unl16ggc&categoryName=apple-ipad&superCatName=computing&title=apple-ipad-mini-4th-gen-%28a1550%29-7.9%22-16gb-gold-unlocked-c

More memory (32G or 64G) would definitely be better though so you can keep some some more footage -
    If you get the 16G version like I did make sure to turn off the IPad option to auto uninstall apps to save memory - its annoying when it uninstalls apps you need.

Says here it will work with IPad Mini 3rd gen (maybe not 2nd gen) - but I havn't tried that...

https://www.apple.com/us-hed/shop/accessories/all-accessories/drones?page=1&f=iphonese&fh=48c2%2B471d

Thanks a lot for the response! I was considering a €150 samsung a51s phone which was recommended by a friend of mine who owns a mavic mini. If I end up with an ipad, the storage won't be an issue as it will have just the dji app on it and maybe netflix. I'll be storing and/or transferring everything to my S20+ after every flight

Regarding my drone, I sent it back to be replaced in harvey norman. They are doing diagnostics on it and will call me tomorrow. When it's turned on, it sounds very loud like a lawnmower noise(obviously not as loud as a lawnmower) but it doesn't sound right.

I got an ipad mini 4. Just need to collect my replacement mavic air 2 tomorrow. Are ypu sure it fits? It's huge comapred to my phone.

Just catching up now, so the phone didnt work AND the air might have been broke! wow.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭John_Mc

I'm using an s20+ and the App works fine.

I got the fly more combo though and all three batteries result in a "Battery Installation Error" - code 30068.

I'm going to have to send it back to Amazon now as I haven't been able to get it to fly. Very frustrating as it looks like an amazing piece of kit

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭stuff.hunter

Im using my S20+ sometimes and no issues just need to set screen off time to max,
    personally prefer ipad mini5 due to bigger screen and overall stability ..and no need to switch phone to 'flight mode' everytime :)

• Advertisement

John_Mc wrote: »
    I'm using an s20+ and the App works fine.

I got the fly more combo though and all three batteries result in a "Battery Installation Error" - code 30068.

I'm going to have to send it back to Amazon now as I haven't been able to get it to fly. Very frustrating as it looks like an amazing piece of kit

Might be just battery needs to be clicked in fully - or contacts dirty according to this:

https://forum.dji.com/thread-217286-1-1.html

“Roll it back”

Advertisement