Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Internship back pay

Options
  • 01-08-2018 1:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 34

Hi All,

I'm currently waiting on back pay from the HSE.
    I started as a HCA on the internship scheme in 2014.
    I have since been told that the 18 months after I started as was paid at internship rates(85% for year 1 and 90% for year 2 of grade 1 on payscale) have now been recognised and I am now being paid at the appropriate payscale. But we will receive back pay for some of that time.

Can anyone tell me when the back pay will be from?
    I have been told that it will be from the date of my increment in 2017(increment date was Oct or May, depending on intern increment date or actual start date) or from July 2017.
    I have been told that we will receive it automatically but also told we must fill out a form from human resources.
    After numerous phone calls to salaries I am none the wiser:-/ they keep telling me it will be in next pay check or were busy people on annual leave.

Also, if and when I do receive it, I'm gonna be crippled by the tax man. Can I get a rebate of any kind?

Any advice or info appreciated

Advertisement