Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Travel Insurance for Australia

Options
  • 22-07-2018 7:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi Im looking for Travel Insurance for Australia.

Travelling to Australia in December from ireland

Im confused by the array of different travel insurance policies.

So what I am asking is, can anyone with pre existing medical condition(s) recommend travel insurance please, any tips or ideas on what to look for?

Also do I need travel insurance for domestic flights in Australia?

I do not want to be out of pocket in relation to flights and accommodation, so I want to be covered for the unexpected. I have been told by 3 insurers that they do not cover domestic flights. They will cover from the time you leave your home country and when you leave Australia but not in between.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,086 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Regarding pre existing conditions, the advice I was given by someone up to speed with this is that if you have private health insurance that also offers health insurance go with that.
    I went with VHI multitrip and they already had a record of all my hospital admissions etc so it was easy. If you don’t have health insurance then you just disclose your condition, it might well cost you s bit more but then your covered if anything happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,944 ✭✭✭pete4130

Generally nobody would have domestic flight insurance. If you miss the flight at your own fault, then its your own fault. If the flight is cancelled or delayed the airlines rebook you on the next available seat and if the wait is over a certain amount of time, maybe 2 hours you get a meal voucher. Each airline is different but I wouldn't worry about domestic flight insurance.

Advertisement