Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

** Very Weird Pregnancy Test **

• 20-07-2018 7:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 20

I am 5.5 weeks pregnant and yesterday i took another test (just cuz I had one lying there from before doctor confirmed the pregnancy) and this time the positive line showed up quicker and darker than the control line. It came up about 10 seconds before the control line came up.

Is this normal?

Should I check it out with doctor?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭Cash_Q

It's due to a surge in the pregnancy hormones as the days go by, nothing to worry about.

Have a look here on boards in the pregnancy forum and see if there is a thread started for the month you are due..of course posting general queries in the main forum is good to get a mix of experiences, but if you join one thread for your due date you'll start chatting with others due the same time and going through similar worries and experiences as you. I'm in the October 2018 thread and it's great for sharing info and asking questions, rather than starting a new thread every time (which is fine too but it's nice to get familiar with other users!)

• Registered Users Posts: 20 alicelynch28

Cash_Q wrote: »
    It's due to a surge in the pregnancy hormones as the days go by, nothing to worry about.

Have a look here on boards in the pregnancy forum and see if there is a thread started for the month you are due..of course posting general queries in the main forum is good to get a mix of experiences, but if you join one thread for your due date you'll start chatting with others due the same time and going through similar worries and experiences as you. I'm in the October 2018 thread and it's great for sharing info and asking questions, rather than starting a new thread every time (which is fine too but it's nice to get familiar with other users!)

Thanks! How do i find that?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭Cash_Q

I see you found it, I know it's quiet now as it's such early days but in a few weeks there will be more of you posting in there, best of luck and enjoy your pregnancy :) I am almost 28 weeks and can't really believe it, I was so anxious in those early weeks like many others are too, but before you know it you'll have dates for your scans and things will fly along :)

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭Whereisgerry?

I am 5.5 weeks pregnant and yesterday i took another test (just cuz I had one lying there from before doctor confirmed the pregnancy) and this time the positive line showed up quicker and darker than the control line. It came up about 10 seconds before the control line came up.

Is this normal?

Should I check it out with doctor?

Hi Alice

No need for doctors! The line on a pregnancy test appears if there is HCG in your urine. HCG is a hormone. HCG only appears in your urine when you are pregnant (or on certain medication I think). As your pregnancy progresses you produce more of the hormone. So the line on your test is just detecting the levels of HCG and you are producing plenty of it - a good health sign!

Advertisement