Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Little Island transport

Options
  • 19-07-2018 9:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 30

Hello!

Got a job in Little Island and have to get the train from Midleton. Just wondering is there any form of a shuttle bus going to Eastgate business park? Just slightly worried about the completely crap days where I'll end up destroyed with the rain when I get to work.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,856 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Shanks mare.

Buy a brolly and rain gear.

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Frostybrew

For east gate. Train service would be in walking distance. There might be lock up cycle facilities.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭questionmark?

Train is the only public transport on Little Island. Bus would be of no use there due to the clusterf**k that is the traffic management on Little Island.
    Eastgate is 10-15 minutes walk depending on which part your office is. Would you consider a bike to bring on the train so it's a very quick cycle to work. Most offices have changing facilities.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,856 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Traffic is a clusterfcuk when people can't possibly do without their cars. I know one lad who drives to and from work and lunch even though he's less than a 10 min walk away.

A shuttle bus was tried from the station to the estates once, didn't last long.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Scarlet1989

Traffic is a clusterfcuk when people can't possibly do without their cars. I know one lad who drives to and from work and lunch even though he's less than a 10 min walk away.

A shuttle bus was tried from the station to the estates once, didn't last long.

I used to work in Little Island a few years ago too and the traffic is atrocious there in the mornings especially. I was asking about the shuttle bus cause I vaguely remember the idea of it was tossed about and was wondering did it ever actually happen.

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Slim Charles

I get train from town every day, takes me less than 15 mins to walk up to o connell business park so you should be in eastgate in far less time.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Sandi184

Sorry to hijack the thread OP, but does anyone know is parking scarce in Little Island train station? Was going to drive and park there and get train into city then...

Thanks all

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Slim Charles

Sandi184 wrote: »
    Sorry to hijack the thread OP, but does anyone know is parking scarce in Little Island train station? Was going to drive and park there and get train into city then...

Thanks all

Been collected from there a couple of mornings off the train from town (8a.m ish), nice few spaces.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭questionmark?

Sandi184 wrote: »

Thanks all

Usually be grand for spaces. Two car parks main one and overflow one. Handy park and ride. Get yourself a tax saver ticket or a leap card topped up with a monthly ticket so save yourself some euros.

Advertisement