Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

GoBe Cork - Dublin Airport Expansion

124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

Wow the 1700 to Cork (141 model) was full to the last seat. I usual take the 0600 which is empty.

Also Alfred Street will continue to be the stop until 16 August now.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,437 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

The Friday of the August Bank Holiday weekend, they operated two coaches to Cork at the 6:30 departure!

Not completely full, but the one I was on was like 95% full.

Also, this shows they aren't constrained by their booking system. We were able to book fairly last minute. So they don't just stop taking bookings online when the first coach is full, they can make a decision to lay on a second coach or not and obviously update the booking system accordingly.

Alfred Street is actually a really nice location in terms of waiting (sheltered from the river) and easy for people pick up and drop off by car. Only downside is it is further from the city for the many people walking from the city center.

One bad thing, the toilet door kept popping open with people in it! Yes even if locked properly. In the locked position it wasn't really engaging the door and you had to hold it to keep it from flinging open. Surely this would be something easy to fix.

Sounds like they are doing better and better on this route.

So I popped into the little office today hoping to get on the 1730 instead of 1830 back to Dublin and she told me that the coach is booked out but that it should not be a problem at all because sold out simply means 40 tickets sold not really full which she said was about 57.

Driver (one of the regulars) just smiled and said "sure, go right ahead" and in the end it was not full with some seats still available.

Wow this morning the 0600 from Dublin to Cork is a 191 bus with with a large “Tauck” logo painted on the side next to the operated by Bernard Kavanagh & Sons Ltd..

This seems to be a bus for American tourists on tour and this is the most generous leg room I have so far seen on this route.

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭soundman45

Thats where GOBE hammer Aircoach, the coaches they have are way superior and if I was going to Cork would use them for that reason alone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭p_haugh

Wow this morning the 0600 from Dublin to Cork is a 191 bus with with a large “Tauck” logo painted on the side next to the operated by Bernard Kavanagh & Sons Ltd..

This seems to be a bus for American tourists on tour and this is the most generous leg room I have so far seen on this route.

That would be their latest edition, a Volvo B11R 9900. Very nice looking indeed.

It is also sometimes used on the National Express route from Cork to London, although I believe it only brings them to the ferry in Rosslare,
    and the passengers get another bus on arrival in the UK.
    (photo not my own)

40822615723_5b76973db5_b.jpg

This morning the bus continues to stand at the old area and it was something I never had before.

An 171 with a different inside with grey seats offering a slightly bigger leg room (not as much as the bus for American tourist we had a couple of weeks ago) but somehow narrower seats .

Completely white outside with a couple of GoBus stickers and a cork Dublin cork sticker at the front.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 11,582 Mod ✭✭✭✭devnull

This morning the bus continues to stand at the old area and it was something I never had before.

An 171 with a different inside with grey seats offering a slightly bigger leg room (not as much as the bus for American tourist we had a couple of weeks ago) but somehow narrower seats .

Completely white outside with a couple of GoBus stickers and a cork Dublin cork sticker at the front.

Will be a Bernard Kavanagh vehicle, Bernard Kavanagh are well known for basically almost using Guinevere and a random set of balls to pick what bus operates on their subcontracted services. Everything under the sun has appeared on that route since it started over 6 years ago!

They just stick a sticker on the vehicle and away it goes, over the years on the Bernard Kavanagh stuff on the route I must have seen about a dozen different types of coach, pretty much if it's been sold in Ireland it's been on there!

This was one of my favourites in the early years for sheer randmoness,
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/vc105-theroseofdonegal/8125990719/in/photolist-do4PWg

There's also another one at one point that had a Eurolines Logo, remaints of a GoBus paint job and another badge for a holiday company and a GoBe Sticker.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,527 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

devnull wrote: »
    This was one of my favourites in the early years for sheer randmoness,
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/vc105-theroseofdonegal/8125990719/in/photolist-do4PWg

That (or very similar) yellow Railtours bus was being used a lot (as in, daily) on the Cobh Connect service for a good number of months this year, although I haven't seen it in a little while now.

First time ever, Bus just broke down 10 minutes outside Cork on the motorway. The bus was the 151 with the broken toilet door.

Standing off the motorway now and they just send a different bus to pick us up, no wait for the 1830.

High spirits and a 20 minute wait but that is life.

Such fun.

• Advertisement

Gobus has announced that they will restart their Cork-Dublin route on 21 September with reduced timetable and 50% capacity.

https://www.gobus.ie/news.php?id=191

Now if this is going to happen in light of the possible level 3 for Dublin is a different question but it's nice to see them back.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,437 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

Looks like they will be back on Dublin - Galway the same day too.

Advertisement