Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Old head of Kindle lighthouse access

Options
  • 17-07-2018 11:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭

Hi there I'm and an amateur photographer and I was wondering is there access to the lighthouse area , it would be at a quiet time, ie sunset or sunrise thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭copperhead

Thread title should be old head of kinsale

• Registered Users Posts: 7,864 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

copperhead wrote: »
    Hi there I'm and an amateur photographer and I was wondering is there access to the lighthouse area , it would be at a quiet time, ie sunset or sunrise thanks in advance

As you probably know the only access is through the golf course and there is security at the entrance 24/7.

You will not be allowed in unless you either have proof that you have a game of golf pre booked or the security guard has been told by the lighthouse keeper to expect your arrival and leave you in as you are a guest of his.

I know the lighthouse keeper, he lives there with his wife and family and is an absolute gentleman.

What I would suggest is you write him a letter explaining who you are and what you want to do, you've got nothing to lose and if you do get to visit you will have an experience you will never forget and some awesome pictures.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭copperhead

As you probably know the only access is through the golf course and there is security at the entrance 24/7.

You will not be allowed in unless you either have proof that you have a game of golf pre booked or the security guard has been told by the lighthouse keeper to expect your arrival and leave you in as you are a guest of his.

I know the lighthouse keeper, he lives there with his wife and family and is an absolute gentleman.

What I would suggest is you write him a lettter explaining who you are and what you want to do, you've got nothing to lose and if you do get to visit you will have an experience you will never forget and some awesome pictures.

Thank you for clearing that up , it's such a pity that is the case , I won't bother pressuring it any further, it's very disappointing that private companies control access to national landmarks in our country

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭ontheditch2

There is an open day to the lighthouse every summer. It was in May this year but I think I seem something about August as well. Vaguely remember going out there for a walk when I was a young child. Beautiful place.

Advertisement