Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Legal advice required, friend left homeless

Options
  • 10-07-2018 8:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

My friend has been selling her apartment and buying a house at the same time. The solicitors that she hired told her from the very beginning that they will coordinate on the move-out and the move-in dates so that she would not have to look for lay-over accommodation.
    They have confirmed her move out/ move-in date for this Friday, but told her today, that although she has to move out of her apartment on Friday, they cannot guarantee that she will be able to move into her purchased house that day.
    She already organized for the removal company and now she is in a situation when she doesn't know whether she is being left homeless for 3 days. Additionally, when she contacted the removal company they told her the charges for keeping her furniture and delivering it at later date would be €100/day, + €700 for later delivery.
    She has been through 4 months of really stressful purchase/sale process with unorganized and extremely unprofessional solicitors.
    Is there anything she can do not to accept this situation the solicitors put her in 3 days before moving?
    She doesn't have any immediate family in Ireland and I am not asking for advice because I couldn't help her, she is more than welcome to stay with us, but I am outraged by the attitude of the solicitors, putting her through tremendous stress and hassles throughout the whole process while she pays them a lot of money. And I do not want them to get away with this, because they kept telling her from the start that they will coordinate on the dates properly, yet left her in the worst possible scenario of this situation, where she has no option than to go asking friends to stay with them, and also taking on all the additional costs that come with it.

Anyone could advise please asap? Any advice highly appreciated.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,769 Mod ✭✭✭✭nuac

Mod
    Sorry. boards.ie cannot help you in this situation. You will have to depend on your solicitor
    Closed

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement