Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Changing from Hosting Agreement to Work Permit

Options
  • 10-07-2018 5:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi,

I'm a non-EEA national and need a permission to work in Ireland. I've recently finished my PhD and have two job offers; one as a post-doc researcher and one in industry.

The post-doc job comes with Hosting Agreement which will issue within 2 weeks, but for the other job, getting a Work Permit (for Critical Skills) usually takes 3-4 months!

So, my plan is to get the post-doc job for now and in the meantime apply for the work permit for the other job. Once the work permit is granted, I'll cancel the Hosting Agreement and change my job. Regarding the visa stamp, since for either cases I will be issued with Stamp 1 visa (the same visa type), I think there would be no problem and I don't need to inform the Immigration office about the change of employer.

Is there any issue here that I haven't seen?

Regards,

Mojtaba

Advertisement