Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Guinness Pro14 Season 2018-2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Mata at Edinburgh looks really lean this year.

Edinburgh let Harries go in the summer, playing Fife on the wing here.
    Not the best of decisions so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Kinghorn scores for Edinburgh, the score is now 17-13.
    "We might have a game now". 76 minutes gone. 76.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,811 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

So final scores

Cardiff 32 33 Leinster
    Ospreys 17 13 Edinburgh
    Zebre 32 16 Kings

I thought Cardiff looked very decent tonight though Tomane had a bit of a mare at 12. Still the Cardiff backline looked good and with Arhip at TH they could do well this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,199 ✭✭✭troyzer

Is it just me or is the Eir picture quality absolutely terrible? Just watching the Connaught game now and it's so blurry and pixelated. The curry cup game just before on Sky was fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭Peter File

troyzer wrote: »
    Is it just me or is the Eir picture quality absolutely terrible? Just watching the Connaught game now and it's so blurry and pixelated. The curry cup game just before on Sky was fine.

Picture is very good for me. Commentary isn't the best though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 553 ✭✭✭Elvisjuice

what are you wathing it on a sky box or app ? the sound is ****ed at the mo

Watching it on the box. The quality is watchable but looks really weird.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 553 ✭✭✭Elvisjuice

Watching it on the box. The quality is watchable but looks really weird.

ok watching on a sky box picture is fine sound is ****ed

• Registered Users Posts: 12,600 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

The sound mixing is messed up. It started with no primary commentator. They lost pitch side mics for about ten mins. They also patched an unintroduced interview in which they just played over the normal commentator.

If I hear "energy sapping stuff" again, the commentator is getting a firm root up the hole from me.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

Who was the Welsh girl on the pitch at Rodney Parade on Premier 1 there? She was terrible. Sounded like she was reading a news report.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,176 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Treviso winning in Newport in the final quarter. They're great to watch. Complete cavalier, loose style. They pop it off the deck or out of the tackle every second phase.

The Dragons have gone nowhere. They've brought players in but don't look any better whatsoever. Error count is massive and they're awful in defence. 21-10 currently and 7 of their points came from an intercept try under the sticks after 90 seconds.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Buernard!

21-17 final score after a late Dragons try. They couldn't get out of their half despite a tonne of possession in the final minutes.

A lot of work to do but Treviso look like they're gonna be a hoot to watch this season.

FT 17-21, good result for Benetton who were 6 points underdogs with the bookmakers.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,127 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

Jackman will be gone by xmas. Them are the games they Dragons have to be winning

Burkie1203 wrote: »
    Jackman will be gone by xmas. Them are the games they Dragons have to be winning
    That genuinely gives me no pleasure. He's just doing his best but he is exceptionally out of his depth to be a head coach at pro level.

Great win for Treviso.
    Nice to see the new artificial pitch at Rodney Parade too. It was a mudbath there in the winter.

Treviso have a decent enough team. Hopefully they will keep building.

I notice premier are showing the weekend highlights tomorrow at 15.15. Are eir showing similar?

Coverage has been good so far. Great to have a HD picture and so handy to watch on the phone around the house.

I find the sound on the ads too loud, always having to adjust the volume up and down.

Eir are doing a highlights show on Wednesdays at 8pm.

Eir are doing a highlights show on Wednesdays at 8pm.

Disappointing to have it so late in the week.
    Is the premier player €10 a month or can it not be got here due to eir?

• Advertisement

Just looked at the eir guide there. Highlights are on tomorrow at 15.30 on eir2. Handy.

Just catching up on the last of the highlights I missed, got to watch a decent few games and that's one of the best opening weekends of the league in recent memory.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,127 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

Just catching up on the last of the highlights I missed, got to watch a decent few games and that's one of the best opening weekends of the league in recent memory.

If you have a satallite dish you can pick up freesports. Handy channel to have as it will have some games. Zebre v Kings was on last night and repeated this afternoon

Dragons host the Southern Kings next week. Panic stations if Dragons lose that one.

Burkie1203 wrote: »
    If you have a satallite dish you can pick up freesports. Handy channel to have as it will have some games. Zebre v Kings was on last night and repeated this afternoon

Freesports seems to pick up the 3rd game when 3 games are broadcast at the same time. Premier and eir have only the 2 channels.

Freesports is still in SD on fta satellite so the picture is crap. Next weekend I think treviso are home to cardiff on it.

Big game next saturday night is Scarlets v Leinster at 19.30.

Dragons host the Southern Kings next week. Panic stations if Dragons lose that one.

I see Bernard was on premier last night. Not ideal for a coach to be doing both, but perhaps he knows his time there is short.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Turnipman

I see Bernard was on premier last night. Not ideal for a coach to be doing both, but perhaps he knows his time there is short.

He did the Cardiff - Leinster game which was played about 15 minutes drive away from Newport (assuming that he lives in Newport). If he hadn't done it for Premier then he'd probably have attended the game in a personal capacity to catch up with his old pals in the Leinster backroom staff.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,981 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

I was surprised to see Jackman commentate on that game too. Not that it impacted his team's preparation, but it just really doesn't look good. Go sit in the stands, and people think you're doing a good job researching future opposition. Go sit in the commentary box and people think you're neglecting your job of preparation for the next day's game. I know it's silly but nobody ever said public opinion is logical.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,313 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Neil3030 wrote: »
    I was surprised to see Jackman commentate on that game too. Not that it impacted his team's preparation, but it just really doesn't look good. Go sit in the stands, and people think you're doing a good job researching future opposition. Go sit in the commentary box and people think you're neglecting your job of preparation for the next day's game. I know it's silly but nobody ever said public opinion is logical.

Exactly. If you're in charge of a struggling club it's never a good look to be off doing commentary nixers. In reality it makes no difference but the optics are poor.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,134 ✭✭✭Dubinusa

The Dragons bought in a load of players. They could get and be competitive. It's only week one.G'wan Jackman

Advertisement