Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Blindboy Podcast

14567810»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭SimpleDimple

Haha that makes more sense alright! The books called Ossians Ride. It really does sound terrible, not “so bad it’s good” bad, just straight up bad work and hard to follow

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭sam t smith

Probably better than anything this character has ever written. At least the author didn’t hide behind a plastic bag.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,507 ✭✭✭✭briany

Enjoyed the retelling of a fairly obscure Irish legend this week. Found a couple of sources for what he was talking about as well.

Also, a PDF of an 1885 translation of Cath Finntrágha (The Battle of Ventry) .

And there's a short Wikipedia article on the Battle of Ventry, as well.

Irish mythology is fairly hard to penetrate once you start to get into the weeds of the original source poems and prose. Mis is mentioned in the linked PDF, but I don't see anything about her fleeing into the mountains after coming across her father's body. It may be somewhere else in the texts or possibly a slightly more colloquial legend which grew out of the original story.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,583 ✭✭✭Xander10

I tried listening to some of his stuff recently since it seems popular and for me it became quickly, very tedious.

He would introduce some of his unfunny live sessions as hilarious and Keith Duffy as a legend.

Most of the mental health ones just meander too much for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭Effects

All his stuff meanders. Takes too long to get to the point.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭Robert McGrath

I assume he’s referring to when Paddy Cosgrave became a doxxing vigilante about a year ago. I haven’t listened to BB’s podcast in a long time as the anti-government political stuff is grating after a while, but I didn’t realise he’d gone full pirate flag. Agreeing with Paddy C on this issue is problematic to say the least

• Registered Users Posts: 8,664 ✭✭✭Worztron

BB kept saying Bugsy Moran instead of Bugsy Malone in his recent episode, 'My mental health plan for a New Year'. WTF?

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

• Registered Users Posts: 6,471 ✭✭✭Brussels Sprout

The latest episode, about a guy who's trying to rekindle the lost Irish tradition of lifting heavy stones, was great.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Senior

Haven't listened to BB in ages. Loved him during lockdown but finding it repetitive now.

Blindboy’s shtick becomes very boring very quickly.

Bit of generic mental health advice, rant about society, then a “zany” monologue about the time James Joyce ate magic mushrooms by mistake and then went to a rave with Gerry Adams and Brush Shiels etc etc etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,664 ✭✭✭Worztron

Same, I really enjoyed that one. Mighty men, to lift those stones.

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

• Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭sprucemoose

With his dislike of RTE i know hes just going to have an absolute field day with all of the financial stuff coming out at the moment

Advertisement