Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Over 70 medical card.

Options
  • 21-06-2018 9:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭

Hi

My father is 70 this year and is currently in the process of applying for the over 70 medical card. There are two questions I have that I'm hoping people can help me with.
    I am an adult who lives with my parents. Is my income and savings taken into account when carrying out the means test. I don't see any section of the forms asking about other adults living with them.

I noticed on the form that my mother who is not 70 for another two years will be entitled to a medical card if my fathers application is successful. Is this correct? I have never heard this. Will she have to apply for the card herself or is it granted automatically. She attends a different Dr than my father so how can she get one for her own Dr.

Thanks for any help anyone can provide.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

mickmac76 wrote: »
    Hi

My father is 70 this year and is currently in the process of applying for the over 70 medical card. There are two questions I have that I'm hoping people can help me with.
    I am an adult who lives with my parents. Is my income and savings taken into account when carrying out the means test. I don't see any section of the forms asking about other adults living with them.

I noticed on the form that my mother who is not 70 for another two years will be entitled to a medical card if my fathers application is successful. Is this correct? I have never heard this. Will she have to apply for the card herself or is it granted automatically. She attends a different Dr than my father so how can she get one for her own Dr.

Thanks for any help anyone can provide.

Your income and savings is not taken into account in the means test. Your not a dependent and they are not dependent on you.
    Your father need to enter all of his details and that of your mother. If their joint income is less then €900 weekly then they will each get a medical card.
    You will notice in the last section of the application form that there is the opportunity for both your father and your mothers GPs to sign and stamp the form.
    Please point out to your father that he needs to sign and date the declaration on page 6.
    All income of first your father and then your mother must be entered in part 3 with supporting documents.
    The main reason medical cards are delayed is applicants not sending evidence of income and forgetting to sign the declaration on page 6.

Advertisement