Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Private profiles - please note that profiles marked as private will soon be public. This will facilitate moderation so mods can view users' warning histories. All of your posts across the site will appear on your profile page (including PI, RI). Groups posts will remain private except to users who have access to the same Groups as you. Thread here
Some important site news, please read here. Thanks!

Thermal Store

• 20-06-2018 4:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1 Southwestern

Hi
    This is my first post been watching for a while . Great info on here .
    I m about to order heating system but am getting conflicting information regarding thermal store size without goin into too much detail the house is 310 sq mt very well insulated with ufh throughout + Hrv system . I have 12 sq mt solar thermal flat plate panels and a 12 kw Panasonic aquarea ASHP is proposed . I would like to hear opinions on the size of thermal store to combine the 2 systems thanks

I

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,971 ✭✭✭✭ Calahonda52

So: what is the target BER rating?

What sort of (conflicting) numbers are you seeing for the TS.

The key design issue in my opinion is the max design temperature for the TS.

Put another way, if it is too small, you will be dumping heat all summer...

Having said all that if the house has a good spec and is well built, then the rigs you have in mind are too big

Advertisement