Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Manifest - NBC-US pace (**Spoilers**)

• 20-06-2018 5:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 60,278 ✭✭✭✭

It looks really good.

However it's probably got the kiss of death being compared to Lost.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭dball

looks like absolute crap

I'm in

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Naw, looks like a Lost'alike trying way too hard, and about 10 years too late. Mystery Box shows aren't totally prehistoric but I think they've run their course and most lose their audience once the show fails to go anywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

I really want it to be good. I get the LOST comparison, but I'm feeling a more The 4400 vibe from it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

Due to start September 24th.

I think it looks good.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,110 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Looks good.

If it was me as the script writer I'd have secretly imprisoned all the passengers in some prison somewhere in the US after the plane landed and have them escaping every few weeks, it would be like Lost meets Prison Break.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,450 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I think that looks good. It's like Lost in reverse (i.e. what happens after the Island if they all survived with amnesia? :))

• Registered Users Posts: 60,278 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Started last night.

A decent opener setting up the mystery.

Liked this a lot. Great setup for the season.

I didn't like the assertion that the kid seems to be so important.
    I feel like that has been done to death in other shows.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Flight of the 4400 Navigators. Compliance!

I'm curious so I will check out more to see how it goes. The 5 year thing makes me think of Odyssey 5, though they travelled back 5 years.
    As for the kid, I agree that I hope he's not a big important factor. Half expected him to be cured when he landed

Prince Charming has a great presence about him when on a show he is just watchable.

• Advertisement

Prince Charming has a great presence about him when on a show he is just watchable.

Just wait until he starts going on about hope

Decent first episode, will stick with it for a few weeks anyway to see if it goes anywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,486 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Yeah, ok and has potential but I'm not sure about it. Having said that I'll stay tuned and give it a chance.

I think it slowed down a bit in the second episode, but it was still good.

Meh... I worried this might happen, but the second episode did absolutely nothing for me, so I think I'm out.

Michaela reminds me of Ellen Muth.

So Ben is a teacher?

Something I was wondering about was if the doctor was working on her research on the plane when her laptop fell, then how did her hospital get it? She seemed to imply she never sent it yet they said they got it

• Registered Users Posts: 12,300 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Flight of the 4400 Navigators. Compliance!

I'm curious so I will check out more to see how it goes. The 5 year thing makes me think of Odyssey 5, though they travelled back 5 years.
    As for the kid, I agree that I hope he's not a big important factor. Half expected him to be cured when he landed

throw in The Crossing as well

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,712 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

Watched the first episode last night, after seeing the teaser a few months ago i was really looking forward to it.

Have to stay episode 1 lived up to my expectations, going for episode 2 tonight, all going well.

Looking forward to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,108 ✭✭✭TheSheriff

Also gonna stay with this I think - two episodes down.

Really has that "lost" feel about it so I'll stay with.

Episode 3 was good too.

I'm getting some religious vibes from it - I hope it doesn't lean too much into that.

• Advertisement

So a cult and a conspiracy.

And what has the friend's mother going wandering at that exact moment got to do with Michaela's powers? the "set them free" makes sense since that was a set thing. But this was more coincidental. Not to mention how handy it was that the woman was stupid enough to leave evidence in the seat beside her for a full day, at least.

How many were on the flight, since the way it's been so far is a case/passenger of the week

• Registered Users Posts: 5,796 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Anyone watching this. It’s nbc and I’m watching online at the mo.
    Five episodes in and its good!
    It’s about a plane that suffers turbulence and then it goes from there...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭Jameswhalley

Rfrip wrote: »
    It’s about a plane that suffers turbulence and then it goes from there...

It can only improve I guess

Threads merged.

Hmmm... have there really been no posts on this thread since October? :o

Season finale last night. No major answers but a definite endpoint for the show has been set in stone (although we need 5 more years to get there... good luck with that!)

Good series overall, but nothing spectacular.

Was that really the season finale.

When I saw the end date I went the only way it makes to that date is time jumps as the show won’t be renewed for 5 more seasons.

It a decent background show that’s about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭BandMember

Just finished watching the finale there and I don't really know how to feel about that season to be honest, seemed to a few episodes and storylines that went nowhere or nothing happening and felt that the ending was rushed.

Surprised there's so little comment given the following it seems to have Stateside and online....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,890 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Registered Users Posts: 84,901 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

It starts on Sky 1 on Tuesday July 30th at 9pm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,985 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Is this worth watching? Sounds like it's another one of those mystery series where the mystery is never really explained and it just drags on

Advertisement