Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Yakuza / Like A Dragon Megathread

• 15-06-2018 10:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29,472 ✭✭✭✭

With Yakuza 0 being one of the best games out last year, followed by the surprise 1 remaster releasing in Europe, 6 being one of the best games this year, the news of Yakuza 3-5 being remastered and releasing in Europe, 0 & 1 releasing on PC this year and finally 2 remaster releasing on ps4 this August, thought it might be a good idea to have 1 big thread instead of multiple ones for each game.

Yakuza 6 is currently my favourite game of the year (red dead might change that though) and 0 was my GOTY last year. Looking forward to getting Kiwami 2. I don't know anything about it but have the gist of the series by now after posting 0, 1 & 6. Skimmed through the vid below and looks like you can unlock the Majima Saga and play as him. Not sure if that was in the original 2?

So anyone playing a Yakuza at the moment? Planning on getting Kiwami 2 in August? PC crowd buying 0 in August?
    Post edited by johnny_ultimate on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,618 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

The first Yakuza game I played was Yakuza Kiwami last year and I did have a great time playing it. I'm planning on playing 0 or 6 later on this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

Played 3-4-5 on PS3 before building my PC. Love the series. Getting the PC release if they remove the denuvo DRM by then.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,102 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Finished 0 recently. Loved it. Fantastic combat with those vicious heat moves, a great story and Goro fecking Majima. Looking forward to working my way through all the Kiwami remakes.

Also, I saw this recently and I love it...

https://www.reddit.com/r/yakuzagames/comments/8ouu5a/kiryu_vs_majima/

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,956 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Kiwami was amazing, I'm playing through 6 atm and love, will go for the plat, I'll play zero after, won't go for the plat though as it too hard.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,909 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Have Kiwami on the backburner here.
    Started it...but not got around to finishin it...even though 0 was my game of the year last year

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,472 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Kiwami, I kind of flew through. Great game but I think because I was fresh off of Zero and that games greatness took the wind out of Kiwami's sails a bit. Nice to have much shorter cutscenes though.

Having finished 6, I'm looking forward to playing 2-5 to see the rest of Kiryu's story.

I'm not sure if Majima had extra bits in the games or if they are adding them into the Kiwami's because of how awesome he was in Zero.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,638 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

PC crowd 'ere, and definitely buying in August - I've looked on jealously from afar for years. Having said that, if this thread is going to have experienced players' thoughts, I might be better off ducking out for fear of spoilers.

PC crowd 'ere, and definitely buying in August - I've looked on jealously from afar for years. Having said that, if this thread is going to have experienced players' thoughts, I might be better off ducking out for fear of spoilers.

Yeah I think someone could explain the story to you here and you'd still be confused as **** when you start Zero. Because everyone would be at different points, I'd hope people would use spoilers for story stuff.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,956 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Yakuza 0 is 17.99 on steam for pre order, whats with the massive price difference? it was 60 on ps4 for pre order.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Yakuza 0 is 17.99 on steam for pre order, whats with the massive price difference? it was 60 on ps4 for pre order.

Majority of console gamers are gob****es and will fork over obscene amounts of money for games :pac:

I don't think I've ever paid over €40 for a game on PC :cool:

• Advertisement

nix wrote: »
    Majority of console gamers are gob****es and will fork over obscene amounts of money for games :pac:

I don't think I've ever paid over €40 for a game on PC :cool:

It's true, we are.

Saying that, enjoy our sloppy seconds :cool:

SEGA, for all their flaws (and stupid DRM) have so far been good with prices. They released Bayonetta for €20 and gave a discount to Vanquish if you owned Bayonetta. I think they know that anyone who really wanted Yakuza games probably already got them (my friend bought a PS4 for them). The games are past their prime (in terms of sales) and they're also probably aware of the saturation of titles on PC and the audience generally expecting to pay less if the game isn't brand new. As usual, patience pays off.
    Zero-Cool wrote: »

I don't remember PS4 Yakuza having uncapped FPS :D Guess we'll be breaking the cherry on that experience.

Speaking of which, I wonder if it's going to be easily moddable. I can definitely see that erotica VHS place having the videos replaced with... alternative videos.

Speaking of which, I wonder if it's going to be easily moddable. I can definitely see that erotica VHS place having the videos replaced with... alternative videos.

...... Time to blow the dust off the ol' dell.

It's true, we are.

Oh i have a PS4, i got yakuza 0 for €20 ages ago, just havent gotten around to playing it ;D

• Registered Users Posts: 33,199 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I got Yakuza 0 and 6 in a preorder deal on PS4 just before 6 came out. Think it was 63euro, whereas 6 was 55 on its own.

Majority of console gamers are gob****es

Post reported!!!!

Post reported!!!!

I said majority!! I'm a console gamer myself :pac:

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I got 0 and Kwamii about 2 weeks after getting my PS4 a few months back and I started with 0 which is fantastic, but I got side-tracked with Horizon Zero Dawn. Looking forward to getting back into it though, it's been very enjoyable so far.

I said majority!! I'm a console gamer myself :pac:

I was only messing :D

Anyone have Kiwami 2 preordered?
    Base doing it for £33.85
    https://www.base.com/buy/product/yakuza-kiwami-2-steel-book-edition-ps4/dgc-yakk2ps4.htm

• Advertisement

I'll probably just pick it up in Argos release day, I'd say will be 47-50

Gamestop have it up for 55 so you know it's gonna be cheaper elsewhere.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Or, you know, you could stop supporting game industry bullshit and not pre-order anything until you know it works and isn't a terrible port...

The games been out in Japan for months and was very well received

Keyword: Port

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Will need to get Kiwami 2 finished before Fist of the North Star comes out a month later.

Xenji wrote: »
    Will need to get Kiwami 2 finished before Fist of the North Star comes out a month later.

Is that anything to do with the Yakuza universe or just made by the same guys?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

It is from Ryu ga Gotoku Studio, so the same guys and it has nothing to do with the universe, it is based on manga from the 80s.

Keyword: Port

A port from PS4 to PS4?

No. I assume it's to another platform when that word is used. If it's only on one platform then I don't know why it was used.

• Advertisement

Ever watch the anime? If not go watch it, its mental.

Advertisement