Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Anywhere to post info on possible dodgy car?

Options
  • 14-06-2018 3:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭

Good afternoon all, just wondering if there was a thread for putting up links to possible dodgy cars please? Saw one on donedeal and motorcheck flagged it as a Uk import and previously stolen and recovered also a cat D writeoff..seller was not very forthcoming with the info...

ta muchly...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Put up a link to the ad.

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭disco girl

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

Please post the motorcheck report or I will have to close this.

In fairness it's not a big money car, if it looks alright and drives alright it's probably fine, that car does look quite tired though and has lots of fairly obvious poor cosmetic repairs. That said, dilligence before buying is always a good thing and there is plenty of cheap Yaris out there without a chequered past.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,169 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

There is usually a good reason why a Yaris of that vintage is a bit cheap.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Stolen recovered wouldn't worry me too much to be honest.

Cat D is minor also but of course it would be nice to know how bad.

Cheap motoring to be honest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭italodisco

Typical pizza delivery car you see all the Indian delivery guys hammering around in, given a tough aul life.

I'd say it's an absolute sh!tbox

• Closed Accounts Posts: 318 ✭✭Mikenesson

How did they escape in the yaris?

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭disco girl

Screenshot attached, it was just to give a heads up as my insurers wouldn't insure it without a full engineers report, regardless of any nct past or present it had....

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭bear1

italodisco wrote: »
    Typical pizza delivery car you see all the Indian delivery guys hammering around in, given a tough aul life.

I'd say it's an absolute sh!tbox

Such ****e in such a short post.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

It's a year older but I'd be surprised if you couldn't buy it for similar money +/- €50, advertised I the same area as the one you linked. It looks in infinitely better condition.

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/toyota-yaris-2002/18996577

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,236 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

disco girl wrote: »
    Good afternoon all, just wondering if there was a thread for putting up links to possible dodgy cars please? Saw one on donedeal and motorcheck flagged it as a Uk import and previously stolen and recovered also a cat D writeoff..seller was not very forthcoming with the info...

ta muchly...
    Fairplay to you for doing a motorcheck report and letting people know,most people don't bother especially with a car that age.

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭Mintoe

disco girl wrote: »

ta muchly...

Car was also uneconomic repair here in Ireland and sold as salvage, usually means it was cat c or d

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭Mongfinder General

bear1 wrote: »
    Such ****e in such a short post.

150k on the clock. Cat D write off. Serious piece of ****.

Advertisement